2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Massive bog down at 30MPH

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 10:53 PM
Rachelzeidler
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK guys heres my update. Sorry my hubbys out of town longer than expected, Im stuck with all 4 kids so I borrowed my parents car till I had time to deal with this. He walked my threw the code finder machine. This is what it came up with........... P0138 o2 sensor Circuit High voltage (Bank 1 Sensor 2) now the read outs on these where oxygen sensor 1 Bank 1 0.120 V and oxygen sensor 2 Bank 1 1.000 V...........P1763 Manufacturer Specific Power train Trouble code..........P1762 Manufactor Specific Power Train Code. Ok I know from looking around on this that that P0138 is my O2 sensor behind the cat/(personally what I thought it was since the beginning). Now I looked up the other 2 codes on-line and this is what I came up with P1762
Governor Pressure Sensor Offset Improper Voltage
P1763
Governor Pressure Sensor Voltage Too High

P0138 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:

* Faulty O2 sensor
* Short to battery voltage in O2 sensor signal circuit
* High fuel pressure (not as likely)

So my question is could the bad O2 sensor be the cause of the 2nd 2 codes or would all 3 things really be worng? Any im-put would be great! By the ways thanks guys you ahve been so nice. I feel like Im actually learning something about my vehicle lol

Quick Reply: Massive bog down at 30MPH