2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

how much Horse power do i have (few mods)

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 09:37 PM
nathangfnd
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah. just replaced all spark plugs cuz i got a misfire and cat clogged about 2 months ago so i gutted it.

And thats the way i want to do it with the axles. gunna get gears installed while they are out and get 5 inch lift springs on before they go in, dif cover will get a new look and all breaks redone and disk breaks in back.

Old 11-04-2009, 09:42 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nathangfnd
And thats the way i want to do it with the axles. gunna get gears installed while they are out and get 5 inch lift springs on before they go in, dif cover will get a new look and all breaks redone and disk breaks in back.
That's pretty much what I decided on. I don't want to risk spending thousands of dollars on the axels I have now just so I can start shredding dana 44 shafts everytime I go wheeling, plus there's so many more goodies for dana 60/70s then there is for the 9.25. A full detroit is the only option for the 9.25. Danas have ARB air lockers, and OX lockers, and more available gear ratios, and all that fun stuff. And the only bitch about the whole swap is getting new drive shafts, and I'll probably just find out what size I need from someone who's done it before and order new shafts ahead of time.

Old 11-04-2009, 10:03 PM
Cheat
Veteran

Originally Posted by Cereal Killer
Yeah but 35s with 4.10 gears is like 29-30 inch tires with 3.55s

Yeah, gearing makes that big of a difference.
Also that means your motor is in really good shape, so you should be a happy camper.
But see i dont get why It blows oil in the blow by hose so much. I mean the k&n filter Is sitting in oil. Idk what the problem is.

Old 11-04-2009, 10:37 PM
nathangfnd
Captain

Originally Posted by Cheat
But see i dont get why It blows oil in the blow by hose so much. I mean the k&n filter Is sitting in oil. Idk what the problem is.
Um what? :/

Old 11-04-2009, 10:49 PM
Cheat
Veteran

Originally Posted by nathangfnd
Um what? :/
The hose that runs from your valve cover to your air intake, Its called a Oil Blow by hose. Or so ive been told. It send oil into your intake and your engine burns it , Doesnt sound good for it. But yea, The k&n is the type that sits on top of the motor. And it is sitting in oil most of the time when i take it off. Idk whats wrong. Or if its really supossed to have that much oil there.

Old 11-08-2009, 01:17 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cheat
The hose that runs from your valve cover to your air intake, Its called a Oil Blow by hose. Or so ive been told. It send oil into your intake and your engine burns it , Doesnt sound good for it. But yea, The k&n is the type that sits on top of the motor. And it is sitting in oil most of the time when i take it off. Idk whats wrong. Or if its really supossed to have that much oil there.
Who ever told you that is an idiot. That hose is just a crankcase vent hose. Most of us that have the 14x3 have ditched it for stand alone oil breathers. All that does is allow gasses that build up in your crank case to escape instead of contaminating your oil. With the stock set up that hose re-circulates the gasses back into the air filter instead of letting them out into the world. It's just an EPA thing.

There definitely should NOT BE ANY OIL coming through that hose. An oil soaked air filter is a bad thing.

Old 11-08-2009, 01:39 PM
Hahns5.2
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AlabamaRam95
...maybe an additional 10hp at the rear wheels for all of that
The 1.7s by themselves are a ~10RWHP gain...

Old 11-08-2009, 02:45 PM
deeznutts
Professional

to give you a comparison,i havent dynoed mine nor am i,untill the new motor goes in,but with mine,running high performance 24lbers,f&b 52mm tb,m1 intake,and 1.6.rr's eddie shrties,mopar pcm..
ive prob gained close to the 50 hp mark,anywhere from 25-40 can be expected from an m1 alone.now where tq is concerned i honestly dont know,as im running a transgo kit and 4:56's.and with 185,000 it runs circles around what it used to..

Old 11-08-2009, 05:07 PM
Gav1n8
Veteran

ive never heard of a m1 giving 40 horsepower by itself EVER. unless maybe the truck was dynoed with a blown plenum then redynoed after m1 installed.

Old 11-08-2009, 06:14 PM
Hahns5.2
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gav1n8
ive never heard of a m1 giving 40 horsepower by itself EVER. unless maybe the truck was dynoed with a blown plenum then redynoed after m1 installed.
Peak gains no, but it can deliver that much and more over the kegger in certain RPM ranges.

Quick Reply: how much Horse power do i have (few mods)