2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Adios Ram

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 04:26 PM
cundis
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cracked
Heads
Every
Valve
Rattles
Oil
Leaks
Engine
Ticks

have fun with your sh**vey. lol

Old 11-06-2009, 04:27 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

A '73 Nova gave you fits?

Old 11-06-2009, 04:43 PM
Miami_Son
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by zman17
A '73 Nova gave you fits?
Yeah, the thing was a total POS. Couldn't keep brakes on it, paint went to hell in only 3 years, dashboard cracked after 4, the carb constantly needed adjusting, it ran like crap, the right rear spark plug could only be gotten out by removing the front tire and wheelwell, and it sat for 3 months because I thought the tranny went out when it wouldn't shift. I finally got fed up with it and dropped the tranny pan to prepare to remove it only to find the internal linkage pieces sitting in it. Only vehicle I was ever happy to get rid of.

Old 11-06-2009, 05:04 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a beetle based kit car and I wouldnt exactly count that as a real car....lol although mine does fly its more like a motorcycle with 4 wheels....
my first car was a worn out 83 buick lesabre that ran and drove great just no power....bought in 95 from parents
then a 93 jeep wrangler I had for 13 years until the frame rotted to pieces a year after I redid the body...also ran great bought used in 96.
also bought a basketcase 78 cj7 which I gave up on and sold.
also bought an 85 camero z28 from a friend who bought it new...had some tpi injection electrical issues being a first year for that engine...drove it two years with fair reliability but was in the shop twice for said issues.
bought the vette in 2000 has been great considering I put 50k on it with little issues.
bought a 94 lincoln town car for a winter car 2 years ago...(big mistake lots of problems the underside was very rusty and lines liked to leak....also lots of electric dodades to fail...I dont think ford makes very good cars myself...just trucks and vans)
1929 mercedes kitcar/1970vw beetle....learned a lot about ripping the motor and carbs down and rebuilding but its a lot of fun
the 96 ram 3 months ago....so far I'm looking at about $900 in non cosmetic repairs in three months.... but I suspected it was beat up by the repaint and new transfercase .....po lied to me about a lot of stuff and this is the first time I have actually come across a dishonest seller... so far most expensive vehicle to own.
I also had two ford windstar and two e250 ands one e150 van.....one 250 and 150 new from dealerships but these arent really mine (company van) although I am the sole operator and take it home everynight so it might as well be... the vans have all been good except the first e250 which again was beat...was always in the shop (had 220k on it when I got it though.
so I think I have had a well rounded group of all the american brands
I did have an 84 chevette that never made it on the road whenI was a kid too.....sold it and doubled my money at $80...lol bad tranny- new engine

Last edited by Augiedoggy; 11-06-2009 at 05:07 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:12 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Miami_Son
Yeah, the thing was a total POS. Couldn't keep brakes on it, paint went to hell in only 3 years, dashboard cracked after 4, the carb constantly needed adjusting, it ran like crap, the right rear spark plug could only be gotten out by removing the front tire and wheelwell, and it sat for 3 months because I thought the tranny went out when it wouldn't shift. I finally got fed up with it and dropped the tranny pan to prepare to remove it only to find the internal linkage pieces sitting in it. Only vehicle I was ever happy to get rid of.
Yep, that's a quality ride for 1973, LOL

Old 11-06-2009, 10:14 PM
Mowhawk
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 95RAM360
traitor...
wait...there ya go

Old 11-06-2009, 11:44 PM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is what happens when you read a brand specific forum. Hell, we don't exactly make these trucks look good.

This is the first MOPAR product my family ever owned. Bought two at the same time.

My 1500 has had a few fits, but some of it was my doing.
List of problems I've had with mine:

1. Transmission at 75K- Do you really think that Dodge is the only brand on this earth that has transmission issues?

2. Plenum Gasket- Just poor design.

3. Rear diff blew up- My fault. I was a grade A tire shredder for 3 years.

4. Meh... That's it.

Besides minor nuances, there really isn't that much to report on my end.

point here is the fact that you can go to any forum on the web concerning any product and it wont look good. This can range from cars to books. There would be no need for forums if there was a perfect made product.

"Anything produced by man, fails at some point and time"

Now, for those of you that want to retort that Dodge related forums seem to be more active than ford and GM combined:

There is a reason for that. For years, MOPAR vehicles are a completely different maiden. Parts don't interchange in the same manner that GM and Motorcraft parts do. Designs were different, parts were odd... In the end, you get people that specialize in MOPAR products and know nothing about Ford and GM, or you get people that know GM and Ford and know nothing about MOPAR.

My Stepdad is a prime example here- He can work on and fix just about anything GM or Motorcraft related, and SOME MOPAR, but not near enough. Why do you think I hang out on this site? It's not just love for the brand alone. It's a place where I can utilize the vast amount of archived information here.

That's just how it works, IMO.

Last edited by Laramie1997; 11-06-2009 at 11:47 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:56 PM
dodge15004x45.9
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Laramie1997
3. Rear diff blew up- My fault. I was a grade A tire shredder for 3 years.
Now that was a good story!

Old 11-07-2009, 12:46 AM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

im a tire shredder too need to stop cause i dont want to fix , i want the airgap then prob go back to tire shredding lol

Old 11-07-2009, 06:09 AM
95RAM360
Grand Champion
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

i wish i would hav gotten the airgap before i did the plenum...kickin myself...

Quick Reply: Adios Ram