2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Adios Ram

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 08:41 AM
chris101
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I am home with the new truck. Its actually older than my dodge was But its not falling apart. No dash cracks, No leaks,Windows work. Not leaking water in the cab, no vacuuam leaks from the plenum, and I pulled my car to the track last night with it, Actually pulled better than the 3/4 ton dodge did and here is the kicker. GOT BETTER FUEL MILEAGE. So yes, This was my last chance at Dodge, Wont ever own another one. So you can go ahead and delete my membership. I am now once again a happy owner of a relaible chevrolet. be safe everyone, and I have no doubt you will all see the light someday too..

Old 11-08-2009, 11:07 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by WaynesWorld
Here is a pic of my chevy

i have a 91 RS, want to trade? its newer, so that has got to count for something.

Old 11-08-2009, 02:14 PM
WaynesWorld
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

004x41500- I like your attention of detail in that engine compartment. I think that is the direction I'll be going with the 40 Ford (green one) 6 volts and all. NICE WORK!! The flat black one is a 48 Chevy Fleetline Aerosedan. I liked the roof line on this car because it already looks chopped. They were also known are torpedo backs, fast backs, and the four doors were called turtle backs. I am almost done with this one
Its got a mustang II front, lowered suspension, 350 Chevy and a 4 speed auto. My wifes red 2008 HHR used styling cues from the 40s suburban.

MIAMI_SON- I dig your 70's Mopars

Sheriff420- NO Thanks! Here is more on my build https://home.comcast.net/~waynedesi/home.html

Chris101- Adiós!!!

Last edited by WaynesWorld; 11-08-2009 at 02:33 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 03:38 PM
95RAM360
Grand Champion
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by chris101
Well I am home with the new truck. Its actually older than my dodge was But its not falling apart. No dash cracks, No leaks,Windows work. Not leaking water in the cab, no vacuuam leaks from the plenum, and I pulled my car to the track last night with it, Actually pulled better than the 3/4 ton dodge did and here is the kicker. GOT BETTER FUEL MILEAGE. So yes, This was my last chance at Dodge, Wont ever own another one. So you can go ahead and delete my membership. I am now once again a happy owner of a relaible chevrolet. be safe everyone, and I have no doubt you will all see the light someday too..

dont cross paths with my dodge. cuz ill run your chevy over. i bet within a week you'll be on a chevy forum looking to get help with the problems you'll have

Old 11-08-2009, 04:33 PM
004x41500
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by chris101

you can say all you want about dodge, but i tell you it may get 11.9MPG but I know whats wrong with it, you cant buy a vehicle and expect it to not give you trouble. even new vehicles give you problems. I wont ever bu a brand new vehicle, because i dont like paying for depreciation.

a little routine maintence goes along way. sure the plenum is a bad design as well as the cracked dashes, but ive seen firsthand dashes on chevys and ford that have cracked. you put a piece of plastic in direct sunlight and constantly changing temeprature, for a few years, then tell me if it dont crack

Originally Posted by WaynesWorld
004x41500- I like your attention of detail in that engine compartment. I think that is the direction I'll be going with the 40 Ford (green one) 6 volts and all. NICE WORK!! The flat black one is a 48 Chevy Fleetline Aerosedan. I liked the roof line on this car because it already looks chopped. They were also known are torpedo backs, fast backs, and the four doors were called turtle backs. I am almost done with this one
Its got a mustang II front, lowered suspension, 350 Chevy and a 4 speed auto. My wifes red 2008 HHR used styling cues from the 40s suburban.
Ya, that was a pita getting that much detail in there though. but i was just happy to hear it run.
howd you tell it was 6volt? did the small battery give it away? lol.

Last edited by 004x41500; 11-08-2009 at 04:36 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 04:37 PM
Miami_Son
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

OK guys, Chris101 is gone as is his reason for being here. Let's not give him any reason to come back and post more BS. We aren't going to change his mind nor should we want to. Let it go so we can get back on topic.

Old 11-08-2009, 04:41 PM
004x41500
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

haha good idea miami, lets get back to the classics. maybe we can get rid of the posts about him gettin rid of the truck, and change the title of this thread to something to do with the classics.

Old 11-08-2009, 04:46 PM
Miami_Son
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Actually, I think I'll just close it. I really don't want to see any more pics of Chevys or any other non-Mopar brand in this forum. I know there are some in here that own other brands of vehicles, but this isn't really the place for them.

Quick Reply: Adios Ram