2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

What oxygen sensor fits?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 03:02 PM
rideordie
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I ordered an NTK sensor from Rockauto. Part # 23023.

I will post again and let future members know if it fits or not for sure whenever it comes in..I can't believe nobody can answer this question straight up :\

Old 11-20-2009, 05:05 PM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The thing I don't get it why your having this problem. I have a deep pan and have normal Bosch sensors and they fit fine

Old 11-20-2009, 05:12 PM
rideordie
Veteran

Originally Posted by BlueBeast2
The thing I don't get it why your having this problem. I have a deep pan and have normal Bosch sensors and they fit fine
Hm. I'm not sure if I have a deep pan or not..I know the tranny was rebuilt, but I'm not sure about the pan.

The Bosch was about 3/4" longer than the original one and it wouldn't quite fit..and I think if it did fit in there, when/if the exhaust/etc moved around some, the O2 sensor's wiring would get messed up.

Old 11-20-2009, 08:58 PM
wjxavier
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

it could be that your exhaust pipe somehow got turned when it was installed and welded. if that happened, that could explain why your sensor wont fit right like the rest of us.

Old 11-20-2009, 09:38 PM
rideordie
Veteran

Originally Posted by wjxavier
it could be that your exhaust pipe somehow got turned when it was installed and welded. if that happened, that could explain why your sensor wont fit right like the rest of us.
I suppose that could be possible.. How does everyone elses' sensor face? Mine is on the passenger side of the truck, right in front of the cat...the threaded part of the sensor (that goes into the actual exhaust) is facing the driver side of the truck.

Old 11-20-2009, 09:54 PM
wjxavier
Record Breaker

thats how everyones should be, but what i'm saying is, the way your cat might have been welded to the pipes, the angle of it might have been pointed downward towards the ground more, making it near impossible to put a sensor in there. when someone realized they f-ed it up, they went out and bought a different o2 sensor that would fit.

Old 11-20-2009, 10:49 PM
rideordie
Veteran

Originally Posted by wjxavier
thats how everyones should be, but what i'm saying is, the way your cat might have been welded to the pipes, the angle of it might have been pointed downward towards the ground more, making it near impossible to put a sensor in there. when someone realized they f-ed it up, they went out and bought a different o2 sensor that would fit.
Well, personally it looks to me like it's on there ok. But I'm definitely not an expert.

Either way, SOMETHING has to fit. Hopefully the NTK one fits

Old 11-21-2009, 11:16 AM
wjxavier
Record Breaker

hopefully haha. if you need any more help, let us know, i'm sure there's someone on here with no life that could search for a short o2 sensor >>
<<

Old 11-25-2009, 06:53 PM
rideordie
Veteran

Well, it finally came in the mail today..And it did in fact fit. So if anyone is searching and has my problem, get the NTK O2 sensor, Part # 23023.

Thanks to all for the advice.

Old 11-26-2009, 03:26 PM
xjarhead69
Record Breaker

Try Standard motor products onlin catilogue. Some items even have pictures.

Dave

Quick Reply: What oxygen sensor fits?