2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

What oxygen sensor fits?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 07:41 PM
rideordie
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What oxygen sensor fits?

I have the check engine going off periodically for an O2 sensor. I have a 95 and only have the one upstream (right before the converter).

I finally got it to come out, and then found out that the new one is too long to fit in there because of the tranny pan. I had the Bosch one I bought from Advanced.

I returned that one (thankfully they took it back) and checked Advanced, Carquest, Autozone, etc. They all only had the Bosch brand, which did not fit. Carquest had one other one. I forget the name..It was $45 but they didn't have it in stock and would need to ship.

Also, the sensor itself on my truck now is square. The bosch was a circle. One of the employees at Advanced told me that they are interchangeable - is that true?

So can someone with a 2nd gen help me out? Surely someone knows the right oxygen sensor to buy...I've heard repeatedly NTK is good but does it fit?

Thanks.

Old 11-17-2009, 08:43 PM
silverbullet-dodgeram
Veteran

take ur old one up there and conper it to a new one i had the same problem but the plug was diff i dont know what dodge was thanking but on the later model 00s and 01s they changed some parts u may have the same issue couse when i had to get a new o2 sensor the bosh didnt fit but they orderd i think a denso and it fit like a glove

Old 11-17-2009, 08:49 PM
rideordie
Veteran

Originally Posted by silverbullet-dodgeram
take ur old one up there and conper it to a new one i had the same problem but the plug was diff i dont know what dodge was thanking but on the later model 00s and 01s they changed some parts u may have the same issue couse when i had to get a new o2 sensor the bosh didnt fit but they orderd i think a denso and it fit like a glove
yeah. I thought of that but nobody has anything in stock except the Bosch which doesn't fit. I just wanted to ask and see if anyone recently changed it and knows what brand fits.

I could go to the stealership..But I like my money

Old 11-17-2009, 09:02 PM
silverbullet-dodgeram
Veteran

i here u man but come to think of it my buddy pulled the o2 sensors off my 98 parts truck and put them on a 95 so you might can try some for a 98 but i would for sure compare the two at the store before u buy them

Old 11-17-2009, 09:29 PM
rideordie
Veteran

Originally Posted by silverbullet-dodgeram
i here u man but come to think of it my buddy pulled the o2 sensors off my 98 parts truck and put them on a 95 so you might can try some for a 98 but i would for sure compare the two at the store before u buy them
Yeah they didn't change the O2 sensors until like near the end of the 2nd gens I believe. But I cannot compare them b/c they all need to be ordered in (and paid for) before hand.

Old 11-18-2009, 01:13 AM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

not sure if this will be any help to you. I just got new ones for mine and the ones listed for 01 the plugs were totally different. they ended up finding plugs that matched mine looking under 02.

Now your talking lengh of the sensor. I'm pretty sure most of them are the same size

Old 11-18-2009, 09:49 PM
rideordie
Veteran

Originally Posted by BlueBeast2
not sure if this will be any help to you. I just got new ones for mine and the ones listed for 01 the plugs were totally different. they ended up finding plugs that matched mine looking under 02.

Now your talking lengh of the sensor. I'm pretty sure most of them are the same size
The one I had would only fit if I took off the tranny pan..and when I put the pan back on I would assume it would prob be very tight anyway and the wires would probably get all messed up from movement under there. :/

Well..If nobody knows what brand will fit by tomorrow, I guess I'll try calling the dealership again tomorrow..

Old 11-18-2009, 11:01 PM
95RAM360
Grand Champion
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

i went to the dealership to get mine yesterday. It cost me 58.72. not bad, but i bu alot from the dealer and the parts guy knows me by name, and has hooked e up a few times.

Old 11-19-2009, 11:53 AM
millertime 1321

hughes engines.com has ntk o2 sensors for our trucks. 51$ i think

Old 11-19-2009, 04:47 PM
rideordie
Veteran

Originally Posted by 95RAM360
i went to the dealership to get mine yesterday. It cost me 58.72. not bad, but i bu alot from the dealer and the parts guy knows me by name, and has hooked e up a few times.
I stopped by the dealership today and checked..It is $89 for a replacement sensor...Now, they know me/my dad very well so we'll get a bit of a break, but still...

Originally Posted by millertime 1321
hughes engines.com has ntk o2 sensors for our trucks. 51$ i think
NTK sensors fit the pre-cat for sure? which part #?

Quick Reply: What oxygen sensor fits?