2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

US Fidelis and other companies

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 09:19 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

SCAM.
USF will do absolutely anything to collect money from you. than you can take it to the bank that any claim you make will be denied.
and by the way, Rusty ******** Wallace advertises for them. That should tell you something.

Old 11-17-2009, 10:13 PM
rideordie
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Always wondered about this myself.. I guess I got an answer now.

Old 11-17-2009, 11:22 PM
MrRuckuss
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i must say that you all have answered my question, i was considering it but after all this i think i'm just going to pay out of pocket, my tranny is going and being unemployed isn't helping much but i was thinking that i would get a good deal from USF and let them deal with the $3000 tranny rebuild bill. oh well i had a feeling there was something not right about them......Thanks for the responses

Old 11-17-2009, 11:38 PM
Miami_Son
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by VWandDodge
These warranty companies are scams. Pay for repairs when you need them. Remember, there's a Recession right now, meaning everyone is fighting to pluck that $1 from your fingers.
Yep. I checked into Fidelis and saw numerous complaints and name changes. Talked to a rep and she was dropping the price over the phone if I would simply pay the deposit right that minute. Not exactly reputable business practices. If you don't work on your own vehicle it might be worth it, but if you do then you can probably get any repair fixed cheaper than the policy if you have to go to a certified mechanic or repair station. Definitely not a good deal for us DIYers because they can disallow a repair if they say the maintenance was not up to snuff because you don't have "meticulous records.".

Old 11-18-2009, 12:05 AM
Weldor
Veteran

Originally Posted by Miami_Son
Yep. I checked into Fidelis and saw numerous complaints and name changes. Talked to a rep and she was dropping the price over the phone if I would simply pay the deposit right that minute. Not exactly reputable business practices. If you don't work on your own vehicle it might be worth it, but if you do then you can probably get any repair fixed cheaper than the policy if you have to go to a certified mechanic or repair station. Definitely not a good deal for us DIYers because they can disallow a repair if they say the maintenance was not up to snuff because you don't have "meticulous records.".
I don't think it matters if you DIY'er or you take it to shops, with 1100 filed complaints to BBB about Fidelis I'm sure they just find a way not to cover you at all, bastards. Basicly a guy that did 19 years in jail for fraud, then started a company that lies to people and got stupid rich from it.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:11 AM
pavement_hater
Veteran

Like has alrady been said. You would be better off taking the premium they want you to pay and putting it into savings for when something needs fixed. Its not worth the money.

Old 11-18-2009, 03:12 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by MrRuckuss
i must say that you all have answered my question, i was considering it but after all this i think i'm just going to pay out of pocket, my tranny is going and being unemployed isn't helping much but i was thinking that i would get a good deal from USF and let them deal with the $3000 tranny rebuild bill. oh well i had a feeling there was something not right about them......Thanks for the responses
$3000? John's Transmission Repair down by Big Daddy's BBQ re-built my transmission for $1600. You're the guy from Aurora, right?

Old 11-18-2009, 05:29 PM
MrRuckuss
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes but i have a V10 you have a V8, just a slight difference but i may call them anyway to see what they want

Old 11-18-2009, 09:09 PM
DODGEIT105
Rookie

Most of these companies sell you a warranty policy then they in turn sell it to a re-insurance company. Many of these re-insurance companies are located offshore so when they default on covering your warranty then it is near impossible to get your money for warranty claims since they are governed by foreign law so it is foreign courts that deal with them. I got caught up in the "Warranty Gold" issue a couple of years ago. I had one claim unpaid and it is still that way today. It used a reinsurance company based offshore and well the rest is history. And now WG is out of business. So ask questions about this with any company you are considering.

Old 11-18-2009, 09:12 PM
dodge15004x45.9
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VWandDodge
These warranty companies are scams. Pay for repairs when you need them. Remember, there's a Recession right now, meaning everyone is fighting to pluck that $1 from your fingers.
That is the best thing I have heard! That you I think you made my day.

Quick Reply: US Fidelis and other companies