2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

US Fidelis and other companies

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 07:51 PM
MrRuckuss
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default US Fidelis and other companies

is there anybody on here using these?? i am just wondering if its worth it, i haven't contacted them yet and i was wondering if there were some hidden costs or is there something hokey with these companies that claim for a low monthly fee they pay for your repairs so you have no out of pocket expenses.

Old 11-17-2009, 07:58 PM
004x41500
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i looked into them and found numerous complaints as well as the fact that their company name has been changed before. however i did find a company that was a BBB accreditet buisness, its called easy care, they are also a motor trend consumer best buy
here is the link at the BBB site
http://www.bbb.org/atlanta/business-...rcross-ga-1358

and here is the companies site
http://easycare.com/

I asked for a quote and this is what i got

Vehicle: 2000 Dodge Ram 1500, 4X4 Current Miles: ~55,000 Miles

Coverage Power Care (the whole drive line)
3 years
Miles 36,000 additional
Deducatble $50
Cost $1489 (currently waiting ona replay to see if that is a one time payment, or a monthly billed payment.

I also asked about doing my own maint. and this is the replay i got

Hi Cory,

Thank you for providing me with the requested information.

Our Power Train coverage includes parts and labor for the engine (all internal lubricated parts), the transmission, drives axels and the seals and gaskets. All coverage levels cover your tires and wheels for road hazard.

You may use our policy with any certified mechanic up to and including the dealership of your choice. If you do your own maintenance (oil changes, etc...) you need to keep meticulous records of the materials and time you spent performing the maintenance to make sure there is no claim denied for not following your manufacturers recommended maintenance interval. You will need to take the vehicle to the shop to have the cost of mechanical breakdowns covered.

I hope I have answered your questions.

Thank you,

Lauren

Last edited by 004x41500; 11-17-2009 at 08:08 PM.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:05 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

These warranty companies are scams. Pay for repairs when you need them. Remember, there's a Recession right now, meaning everyone is fighting to pluck that $1 from your fingers.

Old 11-17-2009, 08:10 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

They are a total scam.

Old 11-17-2009, 08:11 PM
004x41500
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by VWandDodge
These warranty companies are scams. Pay for repairs when you need them. Remember, there's a Recession right now, meaning everyone is fighting to pluck that $1 from your fingers.
not all of them are, as easycare as i posted above has a BBB rating of A+

and theyve been accredited since january 05, and BBB says theyve been in buisness since 84, so in my eyes thats a legit company, as they became accreditied back in 05 when times were fairly decent.

purpl, you also have to look into BBB ratings, if they are not BBB accredited then i would stray away from them, but US Fidelis is a SCAM.

read my first post on this thread.

Old 11-17-2009, 08:18 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 004x41500
not all of them are, as easycare as i posted above has a BBB rating of A+

and theyve been accredited since january 05, and BBB says theyve been in buisness since 84, so in my eyes thats a legit company, as they became accreditied back in 05 when times were fairly decent.

purpl, you also have to look into BBB ratings, if they are not BBB accredited then i would stray away from them, but US Fidelis is a SCAM.

read my first post on this thread.
BBB means nothing in my book. All they can do is rate a company that SURPRISE participates by ponying up a membership fee.

F UCK WARRANTY COMPANIES.

I keep getting "Urgent Notices" from these companies for my 2002 Cavalier to warn me that, "TIME MAY BE RUNNING OUT". Too bad the car was totaled in 2007. I guess they missed the memo.

Old 11-17-2009, 08:29 PM
Hammer Down
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DONT DO IT! Fidelis provides repair parts, which they get from a scrap yard. It's like a lottery whether or not they work.

Old 11-17-2009, 08:30 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Type Us Fidelis into Google. First one I get is US Fidelis's website, then 1,299,999 results and all of them include the word "scam." And sis you know, the founder and president of US Fidelis spent 20 years in prision. And according to this article, US Fidelis has 1100 complaints with the St. Louis BBB.
http://consumerist.com/5234396/car-w...-on-today-show

Old 11-17-2009, 08:35 PM
silverbullet-dodgeram
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was bored one day and saw a US Fidelis add on tv and gave theam a call just for the hell of it to see how much it would cost and they tried evry thing they could to get me to by a policey i was on the phone for 45 mins i hung up on em they called back and they called me every day for a week they are just as bad as credit collectors they will do every thing they can tryin to get u to buy somthin i wouldnt call

Old 11-17-2009, 08:51 PM
Weldor
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That piece of **** Darain Atkinson, building a 17 million dollar house from scaming people. O ya and he spent 19 years in federal prison for theft, burglary, forgery, and counterfeiting. There also under investigation from 40 states including the BBB. Theres a place reserved in hell for this *******!

Last edited by Weldor; 11-17-2009 at 08:55 PM.

Quick Reply: US Fidelis and other companies