2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

tilt column problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 02:52 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Baddnet
haha.. your funny..
Funny or not, I'm dead serious. I think it's funny the number of people I see in auto forums who claim they "love to wrench" on their vehicles but won't take the time to properly troubleshoot something. Problem with the steering column? Just trash it and get a new one.

Old 11-20-2009, 03:42 PM
Baddnet
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VWandDodge
Funny or not, I'm dead serious. I think it's funny the number of people I see in auto forums who claim they "love to wrench" on their vehicles but won't take the time to properly troubleshoot something. Problem with the steering column? Just trash it and get a new one.
Oh I agree with you on that.. .. I was a mechanic for over 20 years by trade.. but I still use the forums for a source of info.. A good mechanic never stops learning... there is a wealth of information here..

Old 11-20-2009, 04:54 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Baddnet
Oh I agree with you on that.. .. I was a mechanic for over 20 years by trade.. but I still use the forums for a source of info.. A good mechanic never stops learning... there is a wealth of information here..

OK. Being facetious doesn't translate well across teh InterWeb Thingy

Old 11-20-2009, 05:28 PM
chopperkid74
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do check these forums out for tips and stuff only because as much as I love my truck, it's the newest vehicle I've ever owned, and I don't know much about it. I am more of an old school guy ( jeez I hate that term now!) but I built up a 80 Ramcharger 4x4 318 w/360 heads etc... an 81 Regal turbo v6, and helped my best friend build a tubbed out 77 Camaro w/ small block approx 700 horses. Not bragging, just saying I am used to the old stuff, even though working on new Harleys for the last while. Being a mechanic I think I could probably fix anything, if I had to, but I ain't afraid to ask questions if someone knows more than me, that might prevent me from f#$% something up that costs money.

Quick Reply: tilt column problems