2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Learned stuff bout my truck! Couple ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 01:02 AM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

honestly - a timing chain is a timing chain....
single roller, double roller doesn't make any damn difference.
i think my part number was something like cloyes 3072 for about $40 locally.
its only $38 at rockauto.
http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,ca...,parttype,5756

any of these will likely outlast your truck...

Old 11-28-2009, 02:13 AM
J415
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd personally would pick a good brand over a "life time warranty" any day of the week. What you don't know is that the "lifetime warranty" covers everything EXCEPT whatever the reason your bringing it in for. Get what I'm saying?

Old 11-28-2009, 08:52 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by J415
I'd personally would pick a good brand over a "life time warranty" any day of the week. What you don't know is that the "lifetime warranty" covers everything EXCEPT whatever the reason your bringing it in for. Get what I'm saying?
Very well stated. It is because of this mentality that I'm getting out of Air-Cooled Volkswagens. The hobby is being flooded by cheap Noobs who are ecstatic that NAPA sells a "lifetime" starter for their VW for $35 and has a "lifetime" warranty. They don't even clue in on how they've had to replace said starter 3 times in two years and they'd have been better off spending $89 for an original Bosch starter that would last at least another 15 years.

Old 11-28-2009, 01:43 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by VWandDodge
Very well stated. It is because of this mentality that I'm getting out of Air-Cooled Volkswagens. The hobby is being flooded by cheap Noobs who are ecstatic that NAPA sells a "lifetime" starter for their VW for $35 and has a "lifetime" warranty. They don't even clue in on how they've had to replace said starter 3 times in two years and they'd have been better off spending $89 for an original Bosch starter that would last at least another 15 years.
I totally see the same thing going on at the vw forum.... same deal with alternators and cheapo generator to alternator conversion kits where the mounts arent even molded properly....Empi crap!
Sad FACT is that going forward more and more of everything will be made in third world countries and china...and more and more of these exact same products off the same line will be sold as many different brands and at different prices so its good to be the educated consumer more now than ever...
Just found out all the new ford 150's are being built in argentina and are 98% robotically built.....and did you know the chevy avio is made in korea?....or that some toyota and Gm suv's are made in the same plant?...
sorry wondered off topic here but this stuff just blows my mind that so many are still in the dark about such things...

Last edited by Augiedoggy; 11-28-2009 at 01:48 PM.

Quick Reply: Learned stuff bout my truck! Couple ?'s