2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

A special day for my truck

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 08:36 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I recently was feeling down about all the repairs mine has needed lately but after paying attention to how many more 2nd gen rams there are on the road than any other same vintage truck in the area I realized they cant really be that bad and mine must have just had a hard life before I got it...

Old 12-02-2009, 09:01 PM
PlrBrr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am sitting at 134000 right now and everything is still strong i dont know if its the 20 below or what. i am starting to look for good rebuild kits for the tranny when the day comes though any good idea?

Old 12-03-2009, 12:50 PM
iwhitne
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats guy! I was just looking at an ebay auction and the truck had 401,000!! This just proves with the right main.. these truck can last a long time!

I wish i knew the actual miles on my rig... I bought it with 83,000 showing after they put in a new trans... I know have 153,697... so I've put 70,000 ish miles on it since I've owned it (2 years).. I did a carfax and the last recorded item was a tranny service in St. Louis, MO and the ODO reading was reported at 170,000.. this truck was owned by a utility contractor.... sooo.. if the carfax is correct.. I'm guessing mine truck has around 240,000ish miles... anyways.. congrats on the turn-over and hope the truck last you a lifetime!

Old 12-03-2009, 01:54 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Augiedoggy
I recently was feeling down about all the repairs mine has needed lately but after paying attention to how many more 2nd gen rams there are on the road than any other same vintage truck in the area I realized they cant really be that bad and mine must have just had a hard life before I got it...
Mine has had a pretty easy life for a truck and still has had all of the common problems so I don't know that that's any indication.

Old 12-03-2009, 03:28 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by iwhitne
Congrats guy! I was just looking at an ebay auction and the truck had 401,000!! This just proves with the right main.. these truck can last a long time!

I wish i knew the actual miles on my rig... I bought it with 83,000 showing after they put in a new trans... I know have 153,697... so I've put 70,000 ish miles on it since I've owned it (2 years).. I did a carfax and the last recorded item was a tranny service in St. Louis, MO and the ODO reading was reported at 170,000.. this truck was owned by a utility contractor.... sooo.. if the carfax is correct.. I'm guessing mine truck has around 240,000ish miles... anyways.. congrats on the turn-over and hope the truck last you a lifetime!
What was the most recent recorded item before the tranny service? Most likely, when your truck went in for that tranny service, the tech asked how many miles, guy said "70,000" in mixed spanglish and the tech punching numbers in the computer heard "170,000, holmes"

Quick Reply: A special day for my truck