2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

What's a fair asking price for my truck?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 09:57 AM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What's a fair asking price for my truck?

I've put up a few adds but am thinking about trying to get a lot more serious in selling my truck. Since I really am starting to get tired of it and want to get it gone what's a fair price?

01 Dodge Ram 1500 Offroad Edition for sale. It has around 127k miles on it.

Mechanically it's in great shape to my knowledge. However, body wise it's not perfect. It has a dent in the passenger door from where a buddy swung it open too hard and the lower henge pulled a dent in the door. It's not that bad. Most that I've showed it to say they don't see it until I pointed it out. Has a little paint chipped on the edges of the door also right there. I can have this fixed if the buy really wants it fixed. However, I just never saw it being bad enough to pay the $750 I got quoted to fix it. It also has a few dings in the rear door on the drivers side. Also has some various scratches and other slight dings on the truck and some rock chips behind the tires. It's not in horrible shape but not perfect either. I'm super picky about this stuff. I'd rate the body a 6 out of 10 imo. No rust.

The rear windows are factory tinted with 5% tint overtop of them for those curious. So while it does have aftermarket tint it also has factory tint if you want to remove the aftermarket.

This thing hasn't been abused off road. Taken through mud a few times earlier in it's life. Like 3 times and it was not deep mud. As in no where near being up to the bottom of the body. Usually up to about the wheel. Most major things have been replaced since then anyway. It's basically been used as a street driven vehicle and every once in a while to haul dirt bikes. We have mountain property and the driveway has trees sticking out which is where scratches came from.

Now for the good. It has the Offroad Package which came stock with 4.10 gears, tow hooks, and several other things. It has had a 3" Skyjacker lift kit added as well as 305/70R16 BFG Mud Terrains on 16x10 Eagle Alloy wheels. It has a Hypertech PP3 programmer that corrected the speedometer.

The transmission was replaced right around 99-100k miles. I had a APS Precision transmission installed. Still has a warranty until Feb of 2010 and unlimited mileage until then. It was their "performance" model. I also had a B&M transmission cooler installed at the same time.
I installed a Auto Meter Transmission temp gauge a little later on.
While the shop installed the transmission I also had them go ahead and replace the factory limited slip in the rear end with a Auburn LSD. The common pleneum gasket problem has been taken care of and I've had the APS Pleneum kit installed. Most of this work was done around 99-105k miles. It also had a tune up in that time with a Napa dist. cap and rotor, MSD wires, and Champion Platinum plugs. Since around 60k miles it has had Royal Purple oil run in it.
Last summer I also replaced most of the A/C parts as well as a heater core. I replaced the A/C Evap. Core, Heater Core, A/C compressor, A/C lines.
For an exhaust it has a Magnaflow high flow cat. converter into a si/do Flowmaster 40 which exits behind each tire with a stainless steel tip. I also have the stock Cat converter I will throw in.

On the interior it has Polk DB component speakers installed up front and Polk DB coaxial speakers installed in the rear. I will throw in the stock H/U and the stock speakers. It's wired up to power the speakers with a amp but does not come with a amp to power them nor a h/u other than the stock one. Thanks to someone breaking in and stealing part of the system. It also has a Cb radio that would come with it if the buyer wanted it.

This truck is a great truck with most of the common problems already fixed. I just honestly don't need a truck anymore so don't drive it a ton and have too many toys. I hate to see it go but I don't have much of a use for it. I'm sure I've forgotten to list a lot of modifications.

Also has a ARE tonneau cover as well as a drop in bed liner and a bed mat.

Most on here know how picky I am about my truck and how I usually find every little problem and have to fix it.

Here are pictures.
You can see the dent in this first one.
Name:  TruckwithLMCheadlightHarnessandC-9.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  82.3 KB
Name:  TruckMay72008forTOTMonDF008.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  173.5 KB
Name:  TruckMarch2708Piantedsocksandtin-4.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  98.8 KB
Name:  TruckJanuary242009027.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  42.8 KB
Name:  TruckandDRZon3-30-09026.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  120.0 KB
Name:  10-16-08_1815.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  77.3 KB

This is the dent in the passenger door.
Name:  TruckMarch2708Piantedsocksandtint09.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  68.4 KB
Touch up paint has been applied here. Where it's bent out.
Name:  TruckMarch2708Piantedsocksandtin-9.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  47.6 KB

On the part you can see bare metal I put touch up paint on it since this picture so it doesn't stand out as much. I was quoted $750 to fix this door but didn't find it worth it as It just doesn't show up nearly as bad in person as in these pictures.

Last edited by hometheaterman; 12-02-2009 at 10:03 AM.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:41 AM
silverbullet-dodgeram
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think you could get 7500 for it pretty easy but be for u sell it do you think u could send me some pics of those tow hooks i wanna put some on my but i want them to look stock

Old 12-02-2009, 10:46 AM
hometheaterman
Champion

Sure what kind of pictures do you want? I can go take them for you in just a few minutes.

Old 12-02-2009, 11:23 AM
hometheaterman
Champion

I'm sending you a pm with a picture. Not sure if it's what you want.

Old 12-02-2009, 11:36 AM
hometheaterman
Champion

Even though the truck is really dirty here are a few recent pictures. It's been raining like crazy here the last several weeks and with these tires sticking out the side like they do they seem to really throw up ever piece of mud and dirt from dirt roads I travel down. It's been on some dirt roads that go to fields but not really offroaded or anything and you can see how dirty it looks from this. This is just from everyday driving around here when it's wet and having tires stick out.

Name:  TruckonOneLaneBridgeRoadNovember-11.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  218.3 KB

Name:  TruckonOneLaneBridgeRoadNovember-14.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  193.2 KB

Name:  TruckonOneLaneBridgeRoadNovember-8.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  164.8 KB

Old 12-02-2009, 11:48 AM
dodge15004x45.9
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Looks like good tread on the BFG's I would say 6,000 would be the lowest I would go.

Old 12-02-2009, 12:09 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yeah i would say 6 but try for 7

Old 12-02-2009, 12:46 PM
hometheaterman
Champion

Originally Posted by dodge15004x45.9
Looks like good tread on the BFG's I would say 6,000 would be the lowest I would go.
Those pictures of the dent where you can see the tires well are older. However, they still have a good bit of tread left.

Old 12-02-2009, 01:00 PM
dsertdog56
Record Breaker

Did you look up the NADA price for it?

Old 12-02-2009, 02:23 PM
Ram_Me
Captain

I think they'll easily understand if it's dirty when they come to see it.

Now, I'm not trying to be mean or start anything, but why are you so tired of it? I'm also sure that someone who wants to buy will ask a similar question to this one.

Quick Reply: What's a fair asking price for my truck?