2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

How to remove oil pump? How long does it take??

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 01:03 PM
nathangfnd
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So far my collant has been good, i filled it up to the full mark on the bottle and it hasnt gone down.

Im not sure why it was so thick and milky.

I put it all back together and the pump seemed to be in good working order and not clogged. But still no pressure. I Checked the pump, oil, filter, sensor but to no avail.

Might meen its time to park it and get a new one and make it my toy finally and find the probleme over time. only reason i havent is because i like working on it and having fun with it.

Old 11-30-2009, 01:08 PM
nathangfnd
Captain

i may have somehow got coolant into it on saturday befor i had issues, I was testing it and i gave it some gas and i blew a coolant hose and it went everywhere

Old 11-30-2009, 01:57 PM
Baddnet
Professional

Milk like chocolate milk.. or creamy white.. new oil shouldnt be creamy.. water make oil creamy. hope that was just a way of saying oil was thick.. if not..then you have more problems... unless you dump coolant when you did manifold.. an didnt drain oil..

Old 11-30-2009, 02:32 PM
nathangfnd
Captain

i did drain coolant when i did the manifold.

And yes i meant chocolate milk, Probably the darkest chocolate milk ever.

Old 11-30-2009, 04:22 PM
nathangfnd
Captain

well boys, anyone have any other ideas why i would not be getting oil pressure? i cant figure it out. and its making me mad

Old 11-30-2009, 06:04 PM
moparama
Veteran

Yeah try this...remove valve covers, remove oil psi sending unit. Use compressed air or spray nossel from air compressor and stick it in hole for sending unit and blow air through there. May have to turn over motor and due couple times. Reason for this is you obviously got stuff in your motor being you had a leaf in there so maybe you got other debris in there and it is causing blockage. this will blow out passages and free up debris. reason for pulling valve covers is so you can hear and feel air come out push rods. Let me know if this helps and GL

Old 11-30-2009, 08:47 PM
nathangfnd
Captain

well i gave up on it. i have no idea whats wrong. No pressure tick in the rockers now, and pump seems to be fine.

I called my neighbor who is a certified chrysler/dodge mechanic who has been doing it for like 10 years and he says he will look at it but from what i have told him he says it makes no sense why it would have no pressure.

Old 11-30-2009, 09:20 PM
xray99
Banned

Seeming to be fine and actually being fine can be 2 different things, its not possible to tell if an oil pump in functioning correctly by just eyeballing it.

Old 12-01-2009, 12:19 AM
lord0fsal3m
Captain

i just did my rear main seal and oil pump and i didnt have to lift the motor at all. it took about 4 hours. the pump was $20ish, the high flow is about $60. and the oil pan gasket was $35 from the dealer, like others have said the only problem i had was the starter. check your oil pump driveshaft also, and the rear main seal was easy enough to change id recommend doing it while everything is apart that pavement sucks webpage someone posted helped a ton. good luck

Old 12-01-2009, 12:44 AM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

did you prime the pump when you put it back in?

Quick Reply: How to remove oil pump? How long does it take??