2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

What's different on a sport model than a regular 1500

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 06:09 PM
bigtman07
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well at least now I know I'm under the normal ram group. Makes finding parts much easier. Just ordered some nerf bars off ebay. couldn't beat a set of stainless nerf bars for 95 bucks. Local shop wanted 300 without installing them. Sheesh

Old 12-02-2009, 12:06 PM
Harufox

for PurplDodge ... yeah the LMC catalog does carry the sport headlights.. while the "normal" dodge group get a little more of a variety.. damn you normal rams! *shakes fist* :P

Old 12-02-2009, 12:11 PM
Miami_Son
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bigtman07
Just ordered some nerf bars off ebay. couldn't beat a set of stainless nerf bars for 95 bucks.
Hope they're not as thin as muffler tubing.

Old 12-02-2009, 12:16 PM
dodge15004x45.9
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Harufox
for PurplDodge ... yeah the LMC catalog does carry the sport headlights.. while the "normal" dodge group get a little more of a variety.. damn you normal rams! *shakes fist* :P
Hey you should be glad you throw more light down the road than we do so you see better than the rest of us and it looks cool!

Old 12-02-2009, 02:39 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Miami_Son
Hope they're not as thin as muffler tubing.
I both bought a good set there along with a stainless rear bumper that held up better than the jeep they were mounted too. As well as sold a set my uncle bought for his silverado that ended up being the wrong size but he couldnt return them....someone got a hell of a deal for the 160 bucks they paid for them as they were oem supplier built and heavy as hell....
as I said before theres both good and bad quality stuff on there you just have to know how to research brands or look at feedback...god knows I've overpaid for crap quality stuff elsewhere before...

Last edited by Augiedoggy; 12-02-2009 at 02:43 PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:11 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Harufox
Yeah, and LMC carries all of the other Sport hardware. But it would be acually cheaper to buy the Sport bumper cover from Mopar than it would be to buy it from LMC.

And all of the aftermarket "Halo" "Projector" headlights will fit a 99-01 Sport model. They are also 2 bulb like the factory headlights, you just have to take 20 mins and re-wire the new headlights to the factory harness.

Originally Posted by dodge15004x45.9
Hey you should be glad you throw more light down the road than we do so you see better than the rest of us and it looks cool!
Thats the reason why you wouldnt want to change the Sport lights out for those aftermarket projectors. They dont throw out the light near as good as the stock ones do. Plus, I would never order headlights (or any body part for that matter) because all LMC sells is Tiawanise junk. They're headlights are the same as you can get on ebay for $120.

Last edited by PurplDodge; 12-02-2009 at 03:16 PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:15 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by PurplDodge
Yeah, and LMC carries all of the other Sport hardware. But it would be acually cheaper to buy the Sport bumper cover from Mopar than it would be to buy it from LMC.

And all of the aftermarket "Halo" "Projector" headlights will fit a 99-01 Sport model. They are also 2 bulb like the factory headlights, you just have to take 20 mins and re-wire the new headlights to the factory harness.
not even 20 mins....only three wires on each side....
LMC wanted more than twice what I paid for some of the same brand accessories I bought....I agree they are high.

Old 12-02-2009, 03:20 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Well, my pet theroy on the Sport bumper is that because there is no aftermarket replacement part for the Sport bumper cover, so LMC gets them from Mopar and jacks up the price $100.
not even 20 mins....only three wires on each side....
Yeah, but I'll wire in some relays so I'm not drawing all power off the switch.

Old 12-03-2009, 01:30 AM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by PurplDodge
99-01 Sport headlights are 2 bulb/housing and are compatible, just with some wiring.
If you have a regular Ram and want Sport headlamps, it'll take more than wiring. You have to cut some of your frame near the radiator side supports, to allow room to access the second bulb.

Old 12-03-2009, 07:30 AM
moparama
Veteran

Ahh non-sense just remove the 3 bolts and remove whole assembly and wah lah! you can then get to both bulbs

Quick Reply: What's different on a sport model than a regular 1500