2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

What's a fair asking price for my truck?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 10:45 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by big.red.ram
i would take your truck over mine any day. ive always liked your truck. kinda wish i didnt get a sport now. i like the SLTs better and the older sport models
I don't know I much prefer the sport look and wish that's what mine was. To me they just have a newer look. The 2nd gen with the chrome to me just makes it look like an old truck.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:47 PM
big.red.ram
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

trade me lol

Old 12-02-2009, 10:49 PM
hometheaterman
Champion

Honestly, if I still wanted to have a truck I might even consider it haha. To me look wise your just looks a lot better.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:52 PM
halfamil
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

About $5000 around here,that is if anyone around here had any money or even a job.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:52 PM
big.red.ram
Captain

its not. it has 2 spots on it where its rusted all the way threw. has a big dent in the right rear corner right in front of the rear bumper. the rear bumper doesnt match the truck. its chrome because i got it for 50 bucks and its in good condition and my old bumper was trashed.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:55 PM
big.red.ram
Captain

you can see the rust hole in this pic. its right under the big scratch on the extended cab part. the rocker on that side is rusted too

Name:  101_1164.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  165.6 KB

Old 12-02-2009, 11:02 PM
hometheaterman
Champion

Honestly, though that's still a great looking truck and that stuff can be fixed if you plan to keep it. Then again you may end up like me with a ton of money in it and getting tired of it.

That's another thing about my truck. Even though it has a few dings and that dent and some light scratches it's still too nice to me to offroad and just beat the snot out of. I don't want it all covered in dents anymore than it has to. It's gotten a few new scratches recently but I just don't want to beat the crap out of it. I think I might enjoy it a little more if it was a $1000 truck I could beat on and just offroad and not feel bad about it.

I'm kind of at the point where I'm trying to decide if I want to try to sell it for $6500 or $7000 or so or if I just want to keep it and start using it like a truck is meant to be and just have fun in it and not worry about dings and dents or scratches. I was hoping to get $8000 or so for it but I don't think that's going to happen. Last I had it listed for places was $8500 and have had no interest. I haven't listed it on Craigslist though. I probably should. Others I see seem to usually be 8-11k in this area.

Old 12-02-2009, 11:02 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by hometheaterman
Oh yeah. Sorry didn't quite get what you meant. You are 100% right. I've already had to do almost all if not all of the common issues. On the plus side they shouldn't have be done again because I not only had them repaired I had the upgraded parts put on so it wouldn't happen again.
It looks like I'm on that same path....at least with the issues being so common I didnt have to search long to find answers
I'm still in the infatuation mode though since its my first pickup....
I think these trucks are supposed to have a classic big rig look.....right now the look is really cheap plastic and same color painted everything...even though its the style and looks good to us. In many cases thats just because we see this look so much on newer vehicles not because its better..we are kinda tricked into it by marketing so they can make bigger profits with less cost and more ease to manufacture...Its kind of like when bell bottoms and tight sweaters were in for guys or when kids wore skids (the baggy colorful sweatpants that cost 10x their worth) everyone really thought that style looked good
and how we somehow believe newer modern, plain, cheap to make and style less architecture looks better than the much more stylish and better built older buildings and architectural style used in them.... our opinions will change when the look comes back in style....just like the resurgence in the classic muscle car look. simple clean lines are in for trucks right now

Last edited by Augiedoggy; 12-02-2009 at 11:23 PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:12 PM
halfamil
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Augiedoggy,you need to hurry and make a post and get off that dreaded number.

Old 12-02-2009, 11:19 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by halfamil
Augiedoggy,you need to hurry and make a post and get off that dreaded number.
lol wow didnt even see it....thanks!

Quick Reply: What's a fair asking price for my truck?