2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

which headlight bulbs?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 02:19 AM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

You can get D2 base bulbs in any K temp you want. Do a Google search.

Just because Sylvania's replacement bulbs are 4300k doesn't mean it comes with those "replacement" bulbs from the factory.

And if you look at many of the Nissan forums, many of the newer 350zs talk about how they come with 6000k bulbs. I can't find any "official" sources to disprove or prove their claims, though.

It really doesn't matter... whether they come with 6000k or not, the 4000k-5000k bulbs are the best for visibility at stock wattages.

EDIT: Reflectors/housing styles for halogen can and often are different than HIDs. However, lets not get into that argument again.

The best stock wattage Halogen bulbs out there are going to be made by GE or Philips. Sylvania's high end bulbs are better than stock, but you overpay for them and they aren't as good as the other two.

Last edited by jasonw; 12-03-2009 at 02:30 AM.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:39 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by WaynesWorld
I can smell wires burning using those higher wattage bulbs with the factory harness
thats why you use the DIY from jasonw and put the lights on relays.

speaking of that, jason, did you get that picture of the fog light wiring diagram that i sent you for your headlight-relay DIY?

Quick Reply: which headlight bulbs?