2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

puzzled now, but got codes

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 03:11 PM
lane
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cmckenna
You can't see it from the ground nor top. Best bet is to go by feel 100%. Reach around the back of the head near the tranny fill tube. Slide down the tube and feel for two bolts set on an angle toward the pass side. Then, feel down from there and you'll contact the rubber seal.

CM
you must have a lot longer arms then me or something because i couldnt feel anything lol. i think ill have to wait till i get it in the shed this spring to do it.

Old 01-13-2010, 04:05 AM
aj99
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am getting the same thing i think. 97 5.9 4wd. I am not getting any codes at all but there is definitely a misfire. I have pinpointed it to the first cylinder on the driver side. I am getting a good spark from the wire (it shocked the hell out of me). I thought maybe that injector was clogged so i swapped it out with the one next to it but no change. I am going to try swaping the plugs around to see if that changes it. For you it was the wires? Were you getting spark from the wires?

Quick Reply: puzzled now, but got codes