2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-05-2015, 12:13 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: General Overview
Print Wikipost

mods on the inside

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 11:00 AM
95RAM360
Grand Champion
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

lordofsal3m, howd you get you floors like that/what did you use?

Old 01-06-2010, 11:36 AM
quackaddict
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 95RAM360
lordofsal3m, howd you get you floors like that/what did you use?
Looks like a stock rubber floor to me I just pulled mine out yesterday and it looked just like that.

Old 01-06-2010, 12:00 PM
lord0fsal3m
Captain

yea its a stock rubber floor with some rubber dodge mats from autozone (which slide all over, kind of hazardous) and i love it, i chose that truck because i knew id be offroading, and i work in constructions so my boots get dirty, and it has no carpet on the doors just smooth plastic and rubber floors so i dont have to worry about getting it dirty, and no power locks or windows to get messed up if i get stuck in a puddle, which i didnt think id mind, but i kinda miss the power, i have to unlock to pass for my gf all the time, and i have to reach over to put the window down, and as you all probably know, thats a long stretch in our trucks.

Old 01-06-2010, 03:43 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I've got the transmission temperature gauge in the cubby hole
Name:  053.jpg
Views: 622
Size:  41.0 KB
Name:  066.jpg
Views: 699
Size:  40.7 KB
I've got a Mountain Dew bottle cap glued over the cigeratte lighter, sorry no pics. And my Draw Tite brake controller.
Then, my favorite:
Name:  CABFreshKit014.jpg
Views: 689
Size:  54.4 KB
Cabin air filters!

Old 01-06-2010, 04:36 PM
360mag45
Veteran

Originally Posted by quackaddict
what is the major opinion on the best paint to use on the inside of the truck? I have some major mods planned for the inside of my truck but I have just started on them as I had to get the motor in first.
I use krylon fusion and dupli color bed liner. i use the krylon fusion stuff all time it works great and i use that on all the plastic on my truck. i used the dupli color bed liner when i want a little txture. So far everthing still look great.

Old 01-06-2010, 05:27 PM
Weldor
Veteran

Do all of our trucks come with the rubber floors from the factory, or just some? I would love to have rubber floors so much easier to clean and my carpets have a **** load of coffee stains from the great factory cup holders.

Old 01-06-2010, 05:29 PM
redneckrocket38
Professional

Originally Posted by quackaddict
what is the major opinion on the best paint to use on the inside of the truck? I have some major mods planned for the inside of my truck but I have just started on them as I had to get the motor in first.
Get this stuff called BULLDOG adhesion promoter. Its kind of hard to find but works great. It makes paint stick to everything, even chrome if done right. Most any paint is compatible with it too. But most of all the prep work is the most important part, keep everything clean-clean-clean.

Last edited by redneckrocket38; 01-06-2010 at 05:39 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:50 PM
oiler
Professional

Mine had thrashed carpet when I got it. I ordered my rubber floormat on line for about $140. It is molded to fit but was not predrilled. Then there was some trimming required. There is more expensive rubber out there that is molded better and predrilled but is more expensive.

Old 01-06-2010, 10:11 PM
360mag45
Veteran

Originally Posted by oiler
Mine had thrashed carpet when I got it. I ordered my rubber floormat on line for about $140. It is molded to fit but was not predrilled. Then there was some trimming required. There is more expensive rubber out there that is molded better and predrilled but is more expensive.
i would love to put a rubber floor in mine but im scared to find whts under that carpit.maybe i could heruline the floor wounder how that would look anyone do that on here. i remeber seeing a thread were someone rhino lined their truck but did they do the inside?

Old 01-06-2010, 10:16 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Weldor
Do all of our trucks come with the rubber floors from the factory, or just some? I would love to have rubber floors so much easier to clean and my carpets have a **** load of coffee stains from the great factory cup holders.
Vinyl floors came standard on WS and ST model Rams. Carpet was an option on ST models and SLT Laramie and SLT Plus came standard with carpet. There are plenty of companies who make molded replacement vinyl floors for out truck. Check out JCWhitney.com.
Originally Posted by 360mag45
i would love to put a rubber floor in mine but im scared to find whts under that carpit
Thats a silly statement. You'd find insulation, steel, and plenty of coins.
maybe i could heruline the floor wounder how that would look anyone do that on here. i remeber seeing a thread were someone rhino lined their truck but did they do the inside?
I dont think that would be very feasable. Truck bed liner coatings arent as insulative (I think I made that word up!) as the factory layers of jute and carpet. When you step in your truck I'd sound like an empty warehouse compared to conventional carpet or vinyl.

Last edited by PurplDodge; 01-06-2010 at 10:22 PM.

Quick Reply: mods on the inside