2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

H.I.D Light Question?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 04:53 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I have not heard good things about the high/low beam HIDs. If you need high beams, get some really good driving lights, or Sport headlights.

Last edited by PurplDodge; 01-18-2010 at 06:37 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:55 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by PurplDodge
I have not heard good things about the high/low beam projectors. If you need high beams, get some really good driving lights, or Sport headlights.
I guess you have not seen any of the comments from me or meanwhitemopar,Hg1 or mohawk?..... besides the extra 10 minutes it took for me to figure out how to rewire them for the nonsport headlights mine are better than the stock lights on any of the other 3 vehicles I drive....and way better than the stockers were....honestly...they have 100w h7 bulbs for low beam that throw out good light when aimed properly....the two sets converted to HID that I have seem were amazing as far as light output.

Last edited by Augiedoggy; 01-18-2010 at 06:01 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:37 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Augiedoggy
I guess you have not seen any of the comments from me or meanwhitemopar,Hg1 or mohawk?..... besides the extra 10 minutes it took for me to figure out how to rewire them for the nonsport headlights mine are better than the stock lights on any of the other 3 vehicles I drive....and way better than the stockers were....honestly...they have 100w h7 bulbs for low beam that throw out good light when aimed properly....the two sets converted to HID that I have seem were amazing as far as light output.
Sorry, I meant High/Low beam HIDs.

Old 03-07-2010, 05:00 PM
bigjohnellinas
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 01 silver ram 1500
to answer the original question i am running a high low bulb in 6000k from dmm tuning. i dont know if the high low was worth it because there so bright already it just changes where they point. i just put them in recently and have had no problems. the wiring is easy you just put in the bulbs and the new wiring harness which plugs into one of your light sockets and has a power wire to the battery and two grounds. very simple. and i love them.

I Just bought a set of HIDS for both high and low and have a few questions on it.
What do you mean by the sport headlights are different? I have a sport and it has 4 bulbs is that what you mean?
Also when I tryed to install it I noticed that the low beam plug for the stock lights (The blue socket that went into the normal bulbs) has a 3 prong setup while the high only has 2 (The black socket) . What am i supposed to do with that 3rd prong when i plug in the hid kit? Is that 3rd prong another ground or is it power or maybe relays it to somewhere else.

I also had another problem. When i got them all installed all the lights worked. Then the next day when i went to go adjust the lights and a bulb i guess went out or at least stopped working ( i think its the bulb because i am still getting 12v out of ballest) and now when ever i turn on the headlights i blow the fuse for the FR headlamp. But if i put the stock bulbs back in the fuse wont blow has this happened to anyone else

Quick Reply: H.I.D Light Question?