2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

WHAT COULD THIS BE?? Cooling issue...

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 10:46 PM
95MaroonMonster
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

speaking of air in the system, i must got all (or most) of the air out of my cooling system b/c my truck has always had the heater core gurgle when it's started, started it yesterday to circ. the coolant to see if it needed more and guess what, no gurgling yay...only time will tell though

Old 01-14-2010, 09:43 AM
neattouch648
Professional

my heater core gurgles as well, but it has always gurgled!

I got a new radiator cap so now lets see if that fixes the problem. I'm trying to sell the truck anyway

Anyone know where i can get a PCM CHEAP for this truck? i've got a code p0601

Old 01-14-2010, 10:14 AM
halfamil
All Star

Just wondering how the truck even runs at all, if the PCM has failed.

Old 01-14-2010, 12:48 PM
yakkier
Banned

it will still run, just barely enough to drive it up onto a flat bed

Old 01-14-2010, 01:08 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I wonder if the pcm failure had anything to do with driving through a river shorting things out like in his signature.. thats why vehicles that are made for that kind of use (like jeep tj's and newer) have weatherproofed electrical and components...my buddy wrecked his f150's engine driving through muddy water like that...

I hope your not one of those guys who beats and abuses the truck and sells it to someone only to have them come here and bitch what a pos it is cause there's a ton of things wrong with it they werent told about....Thats what someone did to me, lied up a storm. And me having some faith in someones word and decency, got burned.

Last edited by Augiedoggy; 01-14-2010 at 01:15 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:27 PM
halfamil
All Star

Originally Posted by Augiedoggy
....Thats what someone did to me, lied up a storm. And me having some faith in someones word and decency, got burned.
In the words of Darrell Waltrip when he was wrecked intensionally on final lap, while leading the race. "What goes around, comes around"!!!

Old 01-14-2010, 06:47 PM
neattouch648
Professional

The truck runs fine with that code. You really cannot tell at all that anything is wrong except for the check engine light....Secondly, the picture in my signature is from almost 2 years ago! the truck has been running fine since so i highly doubt it has anything to do with it. thirdly i wouldnt screw anybody so i'll disclose the problems i'm having with it no worries, i'm not an ******* like that.
don't worry i'll still be on the forum i'm just moving up to the cummins forums haha

Old 01-14-2010, 11:06 PM
halfamil
All Star

The PCM has not failed, if it runs fine and normal.

Old 01-14-2010, 11:20 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

was just asking.... cause that would be a good cause is all...

Old 01-14-2010, 11:32 PM
yakkier
Banned

I gotta say something, OK first off Augie man seriously theres not a damn thing that river running and mudding or tugging will to do hurt a truck. Thats why we spend the money on these trucks. why would you spend 3 grand on a 5 - 7 inch lift kit and never take it offroad or in the swamps or mud. if you dont you're simply a poser and need to take your ball an run home to mommy cause the big boys are out to play.

I have had my truck buried and i mean BURIED up to the windows in mud, and yes i stalled out. i knew i would but i also knew i could get pulled out an hosed down. once i got out it fired right up, ran like crap for about an hour untill i washed the engine down an the destrib dried out..

Long story short.. it's a truck, it's ment to take the abuse. if you dont want to take a chance of getting stuck or brused up your better off buying a kia..

Quick Reply: WHAT COULD THIS BE?? Cooling issue...