2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Need directional advice on monster rig

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 09:50 PM
011500Ram
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 95MaroonMonster

to me, bro-fab and backyard building are basically the same thing
Bro:

Bros:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqLS7ZJedzA
Bro Fab:

Originally Posted by somebro

America has been invaded. Not by aliens, illegal immigrants, or the Japs. America has been invaded by a new subspecies of homo sapien: The Bro. A few years back, strange reports were coming in from high schools nation wide. Before school, lifted trucks were being parked on curbs, and after school, these same trucks were driving over curbs, drifting around corners, and heading to desert terrain for some sick jumps. The drivers of these trucks would all wear the same clothes, listen to the same music, and have the same huge egos. What are these peculiar creatures? Where did they come from? Join us as we take an inside look to answer these burning questions in National Geographic: On the Trail of the Bro.

Q: Where did bro’s come from?
A: They were first spotted several years ago in the SoCal and the 909 area, but quickly spread to most of the United States. Many bros think of the 909 as some sort of Mecca, and have it as a sticker on their trucks, or as a tattoo.

Q: How does one spot this elusive creature?
A:
Easy
1. They drive big trucks, usually F-150’s. These are often lifted to attract the attention of potential mates, much in the same way male Peacocks seek female attention by fanning out and shaking their feathery rainbow tails during mating season.

Pretty much the same thing.

2. They wear flatbilled hats , and usually at angle to show that they don’t conform to society’s rules.

Take THAT society!

3. They wear bandanas. Often, nomadic groups of bros will wear matching bandanas to show brotherhood.

Does California’s recent ban on gay marriage apply to gay wedding themes too?

4. The Bro wears almost exclusively shirts of the No Fear, Metal Mulisha, and FOX Racing brands. In place of these shirts, sometimes a wifebeater or no shirt is worn so they can show off their newest tats.
5. Dickies shorts and high socks are always a dead give away.
6. Sunglasses are worn at all times, including day, night, and while sleeping.
7. Often, bros will walk with their chests puffed out so they look bigger. They are obsessed with their image, which is remarkable considering that this image is often simply a wifebeater, sunglasses, and Dickies.
Q: How does one become a bro?
A:
Scientists are still unsure of exactly how one becomes a bro, but the leading theory is that it is an unfortunate condition of being exposed to the element Bromine for extended periods of time.

Q: What do bros like and dislike?
A:
The Bro like a limited number of things, including:
~ Trucks
~ Dirt Bikes
~Beer
~Girls
~Fighting.
~Whatever rap or hardcore music is popular at the moment (because listening to cool music makes YOU cool too.)
~Fighting while drunk on top of dirt bikes balanced on trucks with girls watching and Bullet for my Valentine playing in the background.
The Bro also has several dislikes, including:
~Books
~Fuel efficient cars
~Complete sentences
~Time spent not fighting
Q: How should I handle encounters with bros?
A:
When approaching a bro, you have to have use caution, as they are always looking for a reason to fight. Scientists have discovered that they have a brain defect that leads them to believe that if they disagree with someone, beating him up proves they were right the whole time.

The National Geographic team recently made a treacherous trip to observe the bro in his natural habitat: Myspace. The team went to the find people application, typed in “Metal Mulisha” as a search query, and found 187 people including:
Subject 1: Broseph.

There was no name provided here, so we’ll just refer to this tool as Broseph. The first thing you notice is that Broseph is wearing his sunglasses in every picture, even though he is inside. Also, he refuses to smile in a single picture, because looking constipated obviously is more intimidating. The second to last picture displays the creative description “do you think im hot?” This shows a common charactieristic amoung Bros: an intense need for attention and acceptance. The Bro is always trying to get attention, whether its by impressing friends with lifted trucks, obsessing over his appearance, fighting, or trying to get girls to say he is “hot.” Broseph displays his knack for comedy in the picture of him lying on a pink pillow. You see, pink is a GIRL color. And he’s a BOY! Get it? He’s NOT A GIRL! And hilarity ensues.

Subject 2: Ryan

So, Ryan wants to be a pro dirt bike racer. Reminds me of when I wanted to be an NBA player. But then I turned 9. When asked what his fears are, Ryan replied “none.” I’m not sure if he is just advertising the No Fear brand, or really wants everyone to believe that nothing scares him. Not even a fight with SUPER MEGA DEATH KLAWS.

Ya, Ryan could totaly take him.

Q: So, is The Bro a menace to the country?
A:
Absolutely not. After all society needs someone to grow up to mix concrete and move bricks.

That's what we put up with out here. Goooood stuff!

Last edited by 011500Ram; 01-16-2010 at 10:00 PM.
Old 01-16-2010, 11:27 PM
95MaroonMonster
Record Breaker

ah, different type of bro i see, out here in rural indiana, it's typically a few buddies, a case of beer and some tools....

....works though, the lift on my jeep works great for what i use it for, especially for only spending 48 bucks on springs in the junkyard...

i like lifted rigs, but those are plain stupid...not useful at all, on any type of terrain, mine (the ram) on the other hand, works great, even in sand...

Old 01-17-2010, 01:03 AM
nopower318
Veteran

Lmao, the Bro must not like the cold cuz there ant none around here

Old 01-17-2010, 01:59 AM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

somehow I can see post coming up with pics of farmers and country folk in stereo type attire being equally stereotyped and mocked.... I'm about as far from a "BRO" as one could get....hell I even regularly wear a cowboy hat ...But I fail to see the point in mocking others just because its not your style...shows weakness and insecurities...and pointless here in any case....

Old 01-17-2010, 05:13 PM
johnnyrocket5363
Captain

Originally Posted by Augiedoggy
somehow I can see post coming up with pics of farmers and country folk in stereo type attire being equally stereotyped and mocked.... I'm about as far from a "BRO" as one could get....hell I even regularly wear a cowboy hat ...But I fail to see the point in mocking others just because its not your style...shows weakness and insecurities...and pointless here in any case....
Yeah, I come up with clever schemes, and I'm branded crazy!! OK, any other tips? Advice? Thanks!! My dad says I won't be able to use overdrive empty on flatland. What do y'all think?

Old 02-03-2010, 07:18 PM
ITTTom
Amateur

Originally Posted by 95MaroonMonster
ah, different type of bro i see, out here in rural indiana, it's typically a few buddies, a case of beer and some tools....

I completely Agree

Quick Reply: Need directional advice on monster rig