2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

drop in oil pressure?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 11:52 AM
Getsum
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VWandDodge
Slick 50 is snake oil that is going to be the death of your engine.

Wow, what an incredibly helpful and well thought out post. Thank you for sharing your obvious incite and experience.

Since these Dodge truck engines are some of the worse designed and faulty engines out there, I doubt the Slick 50 can hurt them. Because they break down so much, who's to say it was the oil's fault; maybe the Slick 50 is just a scapegoat? The reality is these engines break for no reason, at any time, no matter how well kept they are...this site is living proof to what POS they are.

I have used Slick 50 in MANY cars and never had a problem with them...in fact I always saw a slight increase in mileage and they ran quieter. (No, I am not associated with them in any way.)

Answer me a single question...How many times have YOU used it and had it be the proverbial "death of you engine"?

Old 01-20-2010, 12:18 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Getsum
Wow, what an incredibly helpful and well thought out post. Thank you for sharing your obvious incite and experience.
Do you mean "insight"?

Since these Dodge truck engines are some of the worse designed and faulty engines out there, I doubt the Slick 50 can hurt them. Because they break down so much, who's to say it was the oil's fault; maybe the Slick 50 is just a scapegoat? The reality is these engines break for no reason, at any time, no matter how well kept they are...this site is living proof to what POS they are.
False. You don't know what you're talking about. Ever tear down a Magnum engine? They're based on the old "A" series engine, and are damned near bullet proof. Like the old Straight-6, this engine can literally run on a quart of oil with no ill effects probably because of the large hole cast to the front of the lifter gallery, allowing oil to fall back down to the pan. Any engine failure (ie sludge build-up) would be due to negligence in proper oil changing intervals. Again, based on your comments, I doubt you've ever turned a wrench, and instead look for a cure in a bottle.

I have used Slick 50 in MANY cars and never had a problem with them...in fact I always saw a slight increase in mileage and they ran quieter. (No, I am not associated with them in any way.)

Answer me a single question...How many times have YOU used it and had it be the proverbial "death of you engine"?
If you care to exert some effort, do some reading:
http://www.repairfaq.org/filipg/AUTO/F_Slick_501.html

Slick 50 in $20M lawsuit, loses to FTC.

QUAKER STATE ADS FOR SLICK 50
ARE FALSE AND MISLEADING, FTC CHARGES

Slick 50 (engine oil additives)

It's like the transmission fluid additives. All they do is make the seals swell and temporarily "fix" the transmission, and then BLAMMO.

Do some more reading and you'll see where people have sued because Slick 50 actually caused their engines to fail.

Quick Reply: drop in oil pressure?