2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

How do I fix this-track bar (vid)

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 09:34 PM
olyelr
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by iwhitne
thanks for the info.. do you think I should get a flush or do it the old fashion way? I need to replace the gasket soon because it's starting to leak a little... maybe I'll get the flush.. then drop the pan and replace the filter and gasket?

I dont know man, I have heard good and bad of flushes, but mostly bad. From what I have heard most, unless you get it flushed every 20-30k miles, dont do it at all. For example, if you have over 100k now and it hasn't been done, then dont do it. But that is just what I have heard... I'm no pro

Old 01-18-2010, 09:41 PM
iwhitne
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by olyelr
I dont know man, I have heard good and bad of flushes, but mostly bad. From what I have heard most, unless you get it flushed every 20-30k miles, dont do it at all. For example, if you have over 100k now and it hasn't been done, then dont do it. But that is just what I have heard... I'm no pro
OP,
Sorry to hijack the thread for a few pages...

Olyer- Thanks for the insight.. I've heard that as well... I think I'll just do the old fashion way.. take it off.. clean the pan/mag.(maybe a new 727-DD), new filter/gasket.. and fill her back up with some new fluid

Old 01-18-2010, 10:23 PM
CSXfan
All Star

No problem iwhitne, but if you could answer the PM I sent you that'd be great!

I had my tranny flushed a 110xxx miles for the first time. I've had no problems and I just rolled over 130xxx.

And now I just jinxed myself

Old 01-23-2010, 05:17 PM
babyhuey6810
Professional

I usually do the white trash flush.Disconnect a cooler line,run the engine until the line quits puking fluid,then drop the pan.Gets most of the fluid out,and saves the $$$.I usually use synthetic trans fluid also.