2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

How to remove track bar?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 10:24 PM
yakkier
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just used a big *** flathead to pry it out and used a sand mallet to smack the new one back in

Old 01-20-2010, 12:16 AM
CSXfan
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, my truck went to war with me and I wasn't able to remove the t bar. It just wasn't meant to be. No combination of heat and penetrating oil worked, no amount of hammering or cursing budged it. I ended up breaking one of the pickle forks (I guess I used too big of hammer??) But.....

I was able to replace the bushing. I lifted the front of the truck off the ground and then used 2 ratchet straps to nudge the t bar out of it's home. There was a LOT of tension on the straps. This gave me just enough room to tear the old bushing out and stick the new one in. Not bad for 4 hours of work

Unfortunatly my truck wants to prolong the battle I guess. I found a small cooland leak and a trans fluid leak. Not anything serious but just enough of a leak to annoy me. I also noticed that my passenger side wheel bearing is shot. It never ends...

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, if it weren't for DODGE, tools would rust.

Old 01-20-2010, 10:29 AM
iwhitne
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

that's funny.. I did mine yesterday afternoon.. came right out...

I jacked the front end off the ground so the axle hung.. took off my broken sway bar end links and the the track bar.. just spray it with some oil put the nut back on and beat the **** out of it with a small sledge and hammer won't work I got my track bar and end links from autozone.. duralast with liftime warrenty

Quick Reply: How to remove track bar?