2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

xtreme 4x4 ram

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 10:56 AM
jmhai
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking at 11 inches of powder on the back deck table a hot bowl of cream a wheat w/ toast and Extreme is getting ready to start..... Mills River area got the most around here 13"...

Old 01-30-2010, 11:02 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

we got like an inch, maybe two of the crunchy stuff.

Old 01-30-2010, 11:40 AM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Hammer Down
I did my senior project in high school on HHO or "Hydrogen" generators. I built several different designs, experimented and researched a lot. It can improve your gas mileage, but it's a lot easier on a carburated vehicle. In fuel injected vehicles, you have to fool the computer into thinking the truck is running rich, otherwise, once sensing the increased oxygen in the exhaust, the computer will send more fuel into the mixture, negating any gains that you may get.

In a small expperiment, I built a 3' aluminum tube HHO cell with a spiral of stainless steel wire inside. I ran my riding lawn mower idle at mowing rpm with a 1/4 cup of gasoline alone and the same amound with the cell connected to the mower's air cleaner. It ran a considerable amount longer with the cell.
you guys interested in hho cells should google "geet and pantone" some very interesting stuff....especially if you have a gas generator wou want to make like 5 times more efficient on fuel... hho cells are tough to maintain and keep stable...I tried to read up on the patented "stan myers" version that really worked but after watching about 50 you tube videos I wasnt much closer to the key...

Old 01-30-2010, 01:54 PM
Hammer Down
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The hardest thing to crack is a design in which the cell doesn't erode too quickly and the most gas is produced without too much amperage draw. Aluminum corodes too quickly, steel turns to SUPER RUST, and I've even managed to get stainless steel to rust. I did find, however that the best electolyte is vinegar. The acid keeps the metal clean and unlike baking soda, the gas produced is much more pure.

Old 01-30-2010, 01:58 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry to go off topic for a second, but Hammer, I just noticed that you have the Dodge off-road rims, but they look powdercoated (or painted??) black. Got any closer pics of those?

Old 01-30-2010, 02:09 PM
Maxx_Magnum
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

just watched xtreme 4x4 on the pvr, no ram though ;( it was all about towing

horsepower tv however had a carbed 360 mag with new alum heads, cam, HS rockers, dizzy etc. made just under 400 hp I believe.

Old 01-30-2010, 02:45 PM
Hammer Down
Veteran

Originally Posted by Silver_Dodge
Sorry to go off topic for a second, but Hammer, I just noticed that you have the Dodge off-road rims, but they look powdercoated (or painted??) black. Got any closer pics of those?

Here you are.

Name:  Dodgeonstands013.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  113.6 KB

Also, check this thread out.
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...-on-black.html

Old 01-30-2010, 03:51 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Hammer Down
I did my senior project in high school on HHO or "Hydrogen" generators. I built several different designs, experimented and researched a lot. It can improve your gas mileage, but it's a lot easier on a carburated vehicle. In fuel injected vehicles, you have to fool the computer into thinking the truck is running rich, otherwise, once sensing the increased oxygen in the exhaust, the computer will send more fuel into the mixture, negating any gains that you may get.

In a small expperiment, I built a 3' aluminum tube HHO cell with a spiral of stainless steel wire inside. I ran my riding lawn mower idle at mowing rpm with a 1/4 cup of gasoline alone and the same amound with the cell connected to the mower's air cleaner. It ran a considerable amount longer with the cell.
i think i rember reading somwhere that it is fairly easy to trick the computer into running lean. i also read that hydrogen can also increase HP and make the engine run quieter. i would like to try it and see if i can get 30-40mpg

Old 01-30-2010, 03:56 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

With a ROE controller or an Air/Fuel calibrator, you can adjust how rich/lean with just a turn of a ****. I have the Split Second ARC1 A/F calibrator on my truck, and can adjust it for the rich/lean very easily.

http://www.splitsec.com/products/calibrators2.htm

Old 01-30-2010, 04:08 PM
Hammer Down
Veteran

EFIE or Electronic Fuel Injection Enhancer is often used with an HHO cell. It sends a constant voltage to the computer to trick it into thinking that the vehicle is running rich.

Quick Reply: xtreme 4x4 ram