2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Couple questions on a boosted 5.9 Magnum build.

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 06:15 PM
blackskyracing
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CPTAFW163
I believe that E-85 runs hotter than gas. Did you know that if you use gas with 10% ethanol (like most out there) on a 2 or 4 stroke motor. You will burn it up after a short while
Actually, it runs cooler... It burns up small engines because they run on the lean side when run on E10. 2 strokes don`t like it unless you mix them a little rich on oil since the ethanol is so dry.

I`m glad you guys think this is going to be such a challenge... Everyone I knew thought I wouldn`t make it through boot camp. Same people didn`t think I could stuff a small block into an Intrepid... I think you see where I`m going with this.

BTW if I go fuel injection, I`ll probably go with a Mass Air Flow style system I totally forgot about the aftermarket MAF systems...

Old 08-25-2010, 06:23 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

Hey, I saw an intrepid burning off the BACK tires! THAT is an accomplishment.

Old 09-04-2010, 08:25 PM
blackskyracing
Veteran

Well, I picked up an Edelbrock Air Gap for $125, so I think my carb vs EFI debate is over for the 360... If it had propper injector bosses I would consider it since the 4bbl carb to 2bbl TB adapter is only $45. But unfortunately it does not

Also found a 94 ram PCM for a 5.2, so I think I`m gonna go with that for now since it won`t require a second O2 nor the splice to the OBD II PCM plug-in

Oh, forgot to mention that I got my hands on a never installed "used" posi unit for my little 8.25. So whenever I get a chance to work on the car again and make some new videos I`ll post up some posi burnouts/donuts

Old 09-04-2010, 09:23 PM
hutch311
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

keep the updates coming!

Old 11-16-2010, 11:50 AM
blackskyracing
Veteran

A little update for those that are still following... The PCM seems to have given up the ghost and I'm honestly getting tired of screwing with the fuel injection. So....

More to come soon, my friend and I will be workin on it a little tonight. Should have the heater hooked up, upper radiator hose figured out again, and even have the factory surge tank all hooked up I'll set him to workin on installing the fuel pressure regulator and return line back by the fuel cell. Then it will be getting the wiring straightened out again and finding time to install that posi...

Old 12-10-2010, 11:20 AM
blackskyracing
Veteran

Well, I popped the turbo on my truck last week... So that gave me a pretty good reason to thrash on the car. I should be finishing it today. Talk about time consuming little stuff, not to mention I don`t think I`ve gone a day without having to run to town for some random part(s). Which, since I live 30 miles from the nearest parts store, eats up a little over an hour each time I have to make a run. Plus the fact that the PCM took a crap before I could get it to the shop meant doing the majority of the work in my (unheated) garage in sub-freezing weather Though the day it was supposed to hit 9* for a high I went through all the hassle of loading the car on the trailer and hauling it to the shop with a truck that only has front brakes and a tired 305 (god I miss my truck).

Anyway, I should have some pics for you guys soon

Quick Reply: Couple questions on a boosted 5.9 Magnum build.