2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Dodge Ram Haters???

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 08:08 PM
mnewbolds
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you would like to respond go to--- http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/ and post under rants/raves. It is my neighbor and I think he would like to hear what you have to say.LOL

Old 02-03-2010, 08:10 PM
rumble_truck
Veteran

Who pissed in that guys cheerios?

Bet he's never confronted any of them about their "obnoxious" trucks. I'll agree with you guys, drives a prius, and daddy didn't hug him enough.

Old 02-03-2010, 08:12 PM
lane
Veteran

lol, like you never see fords/chevys with loud exhausts and lifts. its funny because you see way more chev and ford trucks around then dodge. what a ****...

Old 02-03-2010, 08:12 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mnewbolds
I was reading in a local online debate section and found this. Just wanted to see if anyone out there also had a problem with it....

TITLE-- Vehicle of choice for all A--holes
I've always believed that what you drive reflects who you are as a person. That being the case, the late '90s Dodge Ram 4x4 seems like the vehicle of choice if you're a loud, obnoxious a--hole. Even more so if it's equipped with big tires, exhaust stacks coming out of the bed, and IF YA CAN'T DODGE IT, RAM IT stickers in the windows (funny once back in maybe 1993, but a little tired now).

I've got the good fortune to have two of them in my neighborhood. Both owned by the same type of loudmouth d---weed. One is a gas version with dual exhaust. He loves to start his truck up about three hours before going anywhere so everyone within a mile radius knows he's got DUAL EXHAUST on an otherwise stock engine. He's mighty proud of his lift kit too...even though he hasn't got enough money to buy the big tires usually associated with such a thing. Looks pretty stupid way up in the air on those little rollerskate tires. I don't have to meet him to know he's got a chew tin impression worn into EVERY pair of pants he owns.

The other one is right next door. A diesel with a plow. Same deal, loves to fire it up a day before going anywhere so the Cummins rattle gives everyone walking by a migraine. Is this a status symbol? "I pay $4.85 a gallon for this s---, so you're damn well gonna listen to it!" He's also got a pair of steel nuts hanging by a chain from the trailer hitch. Oh, ha ha oh he ha ho. I get it...you're trying to communicate to the world in your subtle hillbilly lingo that your vehicle has 'nuts' right? Good one. Let me tell you it's a real treat when a bunch of like-minded a--wipes show up in identical vehicles for a weeknight get together and park thier crap in front of my house.

These are the trucks you always see at the gas station, parked in a handicap zone or up on the sidewalk so the owner can go in and buy scratchoffs...and do them at the counter while everyone else waits. Or riding right up your a-- on the highway while the driver (19 year old with a GIT 'ER DONE camo hat with the brim rolled almost into a tube) talks to his rowdy friends on his two-way.

So am I stereotyping? Sure...but it hard not to when you're continually being proven right.
Hey, some owners have created a stereotype for us, mainly most owners of mid to late 90's full size trucks (Yeah, that includes Fords and Chevys). How many really nice Dodge Rams are out there with a nice rumbling (not stupid loud, but conservative) exhaust, a nice lift with some good looking wheels and good tires are there to the stupid loud, ear-shattering exhaust with a stupid amount of small-***** consempating lift and the boring standard 35'' x 13.5'' tires. Yeah, most of those guys are big dicks with small dicks so they have to compensate it with a loud exhaust and huge tires. I refuse to get lumped into that stupid stereotype of idiots, because I may have the AD/HD that gulps for attention, but I hate that kind of attention. IDK, maybe thats why I like S-10 and Toyota clubs so much, less stupid ********.

**** You all!

Old 02-03-2010, 08:14 PM
mnewbolds
Veteran

This was my reply, It's easier just to copy paste then retype it all.

Hey Neighbor! Sorry for the loud exhaust, It came with the truck when I bought it. I hadn't realized it had bothered you so much, considering you had never mentioned it. Maybe you are to quick to judge... I have plans to actually take the loud exhaust off when I can afford it. For right now it's all I have. Let me get this straight though, I'm not standing up for every Dodge Truck owner. I hate when they want to race for no reason other than proving to their little fake blonde girlfriends that they are actually GOOD at something. I'm just speaking on my own behalf. I own a truck because I do things that require a truck. As for the C.B. Radio, I am a career driver and I have found that more than once these can be helpful in case of an emergency or other situations. I cant see how using a C.B. would be anywhere near as dangerous as texting and talking on a cell phone while driving, as I'm sure you or one of your family members are guilty of. Oh, well. I'll see ya around... and don't forget, if you have a problem, say something. You might be surprised at the response.
Have A Great Day!

Old 02-03-2010, 08:19 PM
rumble_truck
Veteran

Originally Posted by lane
lol, like you never see fords/chevys with loud exhausts and lifts. its funny because you see way more chev and ford trucks around then dodge. what a ****...
Where I live, ford is about 60% of all pickups, and dodge is the least common, And ford's have the most percentage of lift kits. Now, I am guilty of having a loud exhaust, my exhaust was ripped off by a rock when I was wheelin, haven't gotten around to fixing it (it's ripped off just after the cats).

Old 02-03-2010, 08:21 PM
lane
Veteran

nice response, you never stooped to his level

Old 02-03-2010, 08:23 PM
lane
Veteran

Originally Posted by rumble_truck
Where I live, ford is about 60% of all pickups, and dodge is the least common, And ford's have the most percentage of lift kits. Now, I am guilty of having a loud exhaust, my exhaust was ripped off by a rock when I was wheelin, haven't gotten around to fixing it (it's ripped off just after the cats).
i live in a town with about 1500 people. there are maybe 5 90's rams including mine that i know of, the rest are chev and ford. I intend on putting a nice sounding exhaust on it too, maybe i should move into a trailer park now and save myself some trouble

Old 02-03-2010, 08:39 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mnewbolds
This was my reply, It's easier just to copy paste then retype it all.

Hey Neighbor! Sorry for the loud exhaust, It came with the truck when I bought it. I hadn't realized it had bothered you so much, considering you had never mentioned it. Maybe you are to quick to judge... I have plans to actually take the loud exhaust off when I can afford it. For right now it's all I have. Let me get this straight though, I'm not standing up for every Dodge Truck owner. I hate when they want to race for no reason other than proving to their little fake blonde girlfriends that they are actually GOOD at something. I'm just speaking on my own behalf. I own a truck because I do things that require a truck. As for the C.B. Radio, I am a career driver and I have found that more than once these can be helpful in case of an emergency or other situations. I cant see how using a C.B. would be anywhere near as dangerous as texting and talking on a cell phone while driving, as I'm sure you or one of your family members are guilty of. Oh, well. I'll see ya around... and don't forget, if you have a problem, say something. You might be surprised at the response.
Have A Great Day!
This guy is a *****. If he has a problem with you, he should confront you about it. But thiz iz tha interwebz, that ****z dangerous in real lifez He must be sucking the nuts on the Cummins he was talking about, what he doesnt realize about that truck is he has a plow, obviously using it for work and making money.

Old 02-03-2010, 08:55 PM
95_318SLT
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ah, found it...

Quick Reply: Dodge Ram Haters???