2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Dodge Ram Haters???

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 07:06 PM
mnewbolds
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Ram Haters???

I was reading in a local online debate section and found this. Just wanted to see if anyone out there also had a problem with it....

TITLE-- Vehicle of choice for all A--holes
I've always believed that what you drive reflects who you are as a person. That being the case, the late '90s Dodge Ram 4x4 seems like the vehicle of choice if you're a loud, obnoxious a--hole. Even more so if it's equipped with big tires, exhaust stacks coming out of the bed, and IF YA CAN'T DODGE IT, RAM IT stickers in the windows (funny once back in maybe 1993, but a little tired now).

I've got the good fortune to have two of them in my neighborhood. Both owned by the same type of loudmouth d---weed. One is a gas version with dual exhaust. He loves to start his truck up about three hours before going anywhere so everyone within a mile radius knows he's got DUAL EXHAUST on an otherwise stock engine. He's mighty proud of his lift kit too...even though he hasn't got enough money to buy the big tires usually associated with such a thing. Looks pretty stupid way up in the air on those little rollerskate tires. I don't have to meet him to know he's got a chew tin impression worn into EVERY pair of pants he owns.

The other one is right next door. A diesel with a plow. Same deal, loves to fire it up a day before going anywhere so the Cummins rattle gives everyone walking by a migraine. Is this a status symbol? "I pay $4.85 a gallon for this s---, so you're damn well gonna listen to it!" He's also got a pair of steel nuts hanging by a chain from the trailer hitch. Oh, ha ha oh he ha ho. I get it...you're trying to communicate to the world in your subtle hillbilly lingo that your vehicle has 'nuts' right? Good one. Let me tell you it's a real treat when a bunch of like-minded a--wipes show up in identical vehicles for a weeknight get together and park thier crap in front of my house.

These are the trucks you always see at the gas station, parked in a handicap zone or up on the sidewalk so the owner can go in and buy scratchoffs...and do them at the counter while everyone else waits. Or riding right up your a-- on the highway while the driver (19 year old with a GIT 'ER DONE camo hat with the brim rolled almost into a tube) talks to his rowdy friends on his two-way.

So am I stereotyping? Sure...but it hard not to when you're continually being proven right.

Old 02-03-2010, 07:13 PM
95_318SLT
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wooooow. I've actually seen more Chevy owners in my area that fit that description to a T than Dodge owners!

I'm going out on a whim here and assuming that the guy who wrote this drives a 1st generation Prius.

Old 02-03-2010, 07:20 PM
mnewbolds
Veteran

HAHA- I'm pretty sure it's my neighbor because the guy down the street has a Cummins with a plow. So I must be the other guy. Never once in 2 yrs has this guy come down and said anything about it. Just your everyday cry baby. Oh, I think he drives a Chevy Aveo.

Old 02-03-2010, 07:38 PM
05DaytonaRam
Professional

Good thing he dont live near me. 4 Cummins and all but one straight piped and the neighbor owns one too

Old 02-03-2010, 07:39 PM
fatchance82
Professional

Originally Posted by 95_318SLT
Wooooow. I've actually seen more Chevy owners in my area that fit that description to a T than Dodge owners!
+1^

this sounds like a guy whos about 2 weeks from going on a murderous rampage, just after he pays some under age prostitutes to watch him jerk off on his cat while staring at a picture of his mother breast feeding him. Yea, that guys a whack job.

Old 02-03-2010, 07:42 PM
yakkier
Banned

Hes one of those guys that drives around in a miata all day singing the theme song to night at the rocksbury, what a lil ***** toker.

Theres a asston of them here in minneapolis/saint paul, a buncha tree huggin hippe's that simply say things just to get attention and get pissed when they get the attention they didnt want " a smack in the back of the head with a poolstick "

Old 02-03-2010, 07:42 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

He must not live in the midwest, especially in South Dakota or western Minnesota, because every third person or more has a pickup truck. About 10% of those have modifications or upgrades, like the exhaust he mentions.

I'm going to agree with you guys... he must drive an Aveo or Prius. Maybe one of those Smart Cars you see in the Wii commercials.

Old 02-03-2010, 07:57 PM
DukesOfHazzard
Record Breaker

Were all attention *****"s for one reason or the other, that's why we hack the crap out of our exhaust! FTN's <~~~im sure you can figure it out.

Old 02-03-2010, 08:02 PM
mnewbolds
Veteran

The funny thing is, I plan on going back to the stock exhaust. I don't prefer having a loud pipe. It came with the truck. Now I may consider a straight pipe just for a week or so.

Old 02-03-2010, 08:04 PM
yakkier
Banned

if you really wanna **** the neighbor's off open headers... did that on my durango on the way to the exhaust shop right after i put my headers on. I swear there wasnt a flake of dirt or sand left on the bottom of that engine.

Rattled like a ****

Quick Reply: Dodge Ram Haters???