2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Adding gauges, a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 10:29 AM
mnewbolds
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 95RAM360
i asked about that before...about wiring into the dummy light since it DOES tell the temp of the tranny since it goes one when hot.....but all my responses were "i dont know if that will work"

i need one...i overheated my tranny once offroading.....i havent been offroading since, im scared, so i want a guage...i guess if i have to drill a hole in the pan to go back into the trails, then thats what im going to do....sucks becaue i just did a tranny flush....60 bucks in fluid.....dont want to have to drop the pan again....
I am having the same problem, just changed the filter and fluid and don't want to drill into the pan. Isn't there a gauge for under $50 out there that doesn't require modification to install? I just need to go on another road trip and not have to ponder the temp of the transmission,

Old 04-09-2010, 10:37 AM
95RAM360
Grand Champion
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

same, i have a camping trip comming up....8 hours one way....

Quick Reply: Adding gauges, a few questions