2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Question about dana axles.

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 05:18 PM
yakkier
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about dana axles.

Alright im laid off now and iv got nothing to do so i want to do some work on my truck" CHEAP!!!" work.

the junkyard i goto has a pretty large selection of dodge trucks, now i want to do a dana 60 in the rear and i need to know what truck's that came with and what is going to be needed for the swap IE new shackles and hangers, also how much wider is the 60 over the 44? and how much of a different is there in the setup for the front end if i wanted to do a 60 in the front also.

Please dont flame me too hard cause i do body work, i dont do alot of suspenion so i dont know alot about the axles and front suspenion.

Old 02-05-2010, 05:27 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Did you do a search on here? That topic has been gone over many many times.

Old 02-05-2010, 05:48 PM
Miami_Son
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey man, if you'll be looking at junkyard Rams, could you keep an eye open for one of these?
Name:  Vent.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  135.8 KB

Left side A/C vent on driver's side. I believe it has to be from a '98-'01 Ram. If you can pick one up for ~$20 I would be most grateful.

Old 02-05-2010, 05:55 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Miami_Son
Hey man, if you'll be looking at junkyard Rams, could you keep an eye open for one of these?

Left side A/C vent on driver's side. I believe it has to be from a '98-'01 Ram. If you can pick one up for ~$20 I would be most grateful.
Let me check for you. I had some extra vents. I say had as I can't remember where the heck I put them. I will see if I can find them.

Old 02-05-2010, 06:10 PM
yakkier
Banned

It's been talked about constantly and theres a ****load of threads about it but no one seems to have a DIY of it done or pictures. thats why i was curious if any of the regular posters on here had any input on it. im on a very tight budget and i didn want to spend any more money then i actually had to.

Old 02-05-2010, 06:10 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nevermind. While I may have one of those vents. I can't find it. I want to think the one for the drivers side on the far left on the left side of the steering wheel was cracked anyway, but I'm not positive that one was. I had a whole dash bezel with them in it but I can't find the dash bezel at all so I'm not sure what happened to it. I just went and checked everywhere I could think of for it.

Old 02-05-2010, 06:17 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion

Haha, well if you needed one of the top two miami I could help you out, but im no help on the drivers side lol. Darn

Old 02-05-2010, 06:18 PM
Miami_Son
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hometheaterman
Nevermind. While I may have one of those vents. I can't find it. I want to think the one for the drivers side on the far left on the left side of the steering wheel was cracked anyway, but I'm not positive that one was. I had a whole dash bezel with them in it but I can't find the dash bezel at all so I'm not sure what happened to it. I just went and checked everywhere I could think of for it.
Thanks anyway, man. This is actually two pieces and the part I need is the backside half. The tab that locks it into the bezel broke off.

Old 02-05-2010, 06:23 PM
yakkier
Banned

Way to highjack the thread guys! thanks.

Old 02-05-2010, 06:24 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion

Originally Posted by Miami_Son
Thanks anyway, man. This is actually two pieces and the part I need is the backside half. The tab that locks it into the bezel broke off.
Same thing happened to my stock one. My heater vent stays in the socket, but usually just falls to the lowest setting. I just scored all of this last weekend at the junk yard.

Dash, to replace my non existant one
Bezel, because mine was cracked two places, and broke it even worse removing it.
secondary trans cooler, because mine didn't come with one (just the radiator)
And an airhat because I plan on doing a homebrew CAI like I have seen done.

Quick Reply: Question about dana axles.