2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

What I've been up to?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 08:20 PM
yakkier
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LMAO damn man.

Old 02-09-2010, 10:06 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Great idea! Now I know what I'm gonna do with the surplus of 20 2x4 boards I have sitting in the barn! Will make getting the snowblower in the bed eaiser!

Old 02-09-2010, 10:19 PM
olyelr
Record Breaker

Quite creative thinking man, I gotta give ya some props. Great job, it looks like it works very well for you.

When did they start making 2x3's anyway?

Old 02-09-2010, 11:06 PM
hirschy
Veteran

My dad showed me a youtube video and I just made it fit my needs. about the 2x3's I think they always made them, there suppose to be 2x4's but I had a toolbox and I wanted to keep it on so thats why I used 2x3's. but then had a little mishap. but all good.

Jeff

Old 02-09-2010, 11:29 PM
CSXfan
All Star

Originally Posted by hirschy
It just sits in the box. and the bedliner is line-x a little expensive but worth it.

thanks, what kind of sled do you ride?

dhvaughan- lol, thanks.

Jeff
Back in December I bought a '91 Indy 650 triple that needed a crank seal replaced. I rebuilt the top end while I was at it and I took it out for the first time tonight. She rips

I'd still rather have your sled though...

Old 02-09-2010, 11:42 PM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice. I have the build your own ramp things and made them up the other night to run my quad into the truck. It got so far up and decided to start spining tires. The first attempt it slid off the one and straddled the other one center of the quad. I stood there and laughed at it cause I could have been hurt. Tried it about 4 times then gave up. I need to put runners up it so the tires don't spin or something.

Old 02-09-2010, 11:46 PM
hirschy
Veteran

Originally Posted by CSXfan
Back in December I bought a '91 Indy 650 triple that needed a crank seal replaced. I rebuilt the top end while I was at it and I took it out for the first time tonight. She rips

I'd still rather have your sled though...
how long till it's broken in? 300mile? Triples with a set of pipes or a aftermarket silencer sound sweet.

my dad's buddy has a dragon(I think) its a four stroke turbo, I'm dying for him to break it in so I can race it.

Old 02-09-2010, 11:46 PM
yakkier
Banned

Just dont make it so steep and they wont spin, make the ramps longer so it's not so hard to climb, and if you're worried about the length make a reverse break in them so you can fold them up when your dont. wouldnt be that hard at all

Old 02-09-2010, 11:55 PM
hirschy
Veteran

Originally Posted by BlueBeast2
Very nice. I have the build your own ramp things and made them up the other night to run my quad into the truck. It got so far up and decided to start spining tires. The first attempt it slid off the one and straddled the other one center of the quad. I stood there and laughed at it cause I could have been hurt. Tried it about 4 times then gave up. I need to put runners up it so the tires don't spin or something.
runners and maybe sides( and a little longer like said above). I know when I drive up you have to keep it at a steady speed not to fast not to slow(it maybe different with a quad).

Old 02-10-2010, 12:02 AM
yakkier
Banned

quad's move side to side when climbing ramps. the easiest way to get into a bed is either find a ditch some where and back into the ditch then let the quad climb your tailgate, or get longer ramps. or get the medal ones with angle iron my fav! but they'er heavy as hell and will tear off tread from some of the beefier tires.