2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

What I've been up to?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 08:41 AM
dakotas ram
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

why called sled and not snowmoblile?

Old 02-10-2010, 08:41 AM
CSXfan
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hirschy
how long till it's broken in? 300mile? Triples with a set of pipes or a aftermarket silencer sound sweet.

my dad's buddy has a dragon(I think) its a four stroke turbo, I'm dying for him to break it in so I can race it.
It all depends on who you talk to. I'm just keeping it under 3/4 throttle and fluctuating the rpms as much as I can. I put 47 on it last night so I think I'll be in the clear in about 20 more miles or so.

Yeah any 4 stroke sled makes me drool. My buddy's got an F1 turbo. The power that thing puts out scares the crap outa me.

Old 02-10-2010, 11:47 AM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Weldor
This may sound stupid because I don't ride a quad or snowmoblie but what about just using two ladders? Or would the load be to heavey
Because the snowmobile has the drive in the middle. When I build mine I might just use two 2x12s.

Old 02-10-2010, 12:16 PM
hirschy
Veteran

Originally Posted by dakotas ram
Sled is a slang word that means the same thing.

Originally Posted by CSXfan
It all depends on who you talk to. I'm just keeping it under 3/4 throttle and fluctuating the rpms as much as I can. I put 47 on it last night so I think I'll be in the clear in about 20 more miles or so.

Yeah any 4 stroke sled makes me drool. My buddy's got an F1 turbo. The power that thing puts out scares the crap outa me.
Ya I've been told not to keep it at WOT to long while in the break in stage, but it says to do the fluctuating throttle abit. after 300miles shes good to go( I'm at 230miles)

Last edited by hirschy; 02-10-2010 at 12:21 PM.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:02 PM
merc225hp
Champion
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice build, you should go over to Transcona trailer sales and get some ski sliders for your ramp, they will help alot in loading and unloading. We also use a old track cut and bolted cleat side up on the ramp as well. Winterpeg spent 30 years there.I used to average 3000 miles a year sleding there, If you ever get a chance, go sled the trails out in Falcon Lake,Mb Lot's O fun.

Old 02-10-2010, 01:14 PM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dakotas ram
same deal as calling a 4 wheeler a quad. To me saying quad sounds funny. I have just started calling mine that the past couple days

Old 02-10-2010, 01:33 PM
yakkier
Banned

All depends on what part of the country you're in, like here they dont call it bogging or mudding they call it offroading/trail riding.

Screw it, im from the south if you're gonna go play in the mud it's muddin, if you're goin in knowin you're gonna get stuck it's called boggin

Old 02-10-2010, 01:47 PM
hirschy
Veteran

Originally Posted by merc225hp
Nice build, you should go over to Transcona trailer sales and get some ski sliders for your ramp, they will help alot in loading and unloading. We also use a old track cut and bolted cleat side up on the ramp as well. Winterpeg spent 30 years there.I used to average 3000 miles a year sleding there, If you ever get a chance, go sled the trails out in Falcon Lake,Mb Lot's O fun.
Thanks, I was looking at the sliders at princess auto and they wanted an arm and a leg for them, but I was thinking of getting this stuff I think its called puck board(sp?) basicaly a sheet of plastic cause I can get that for cheap.

haven't been to falcon lake lately, we haven't had the snow last I checked snoman, the part over the lake wasn't frozen yet. but I hope they updated it.

Do you snowmobile much in BC?

Old 02-10-2010, 03:51 PM
merc225hp
Champion
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I only get out sleding a couple of times a year in march after the tourists leave, Like you we don't have the snow this year to make it worth the time or money to go. If you can find a used truck box liner cheap you could cut the bottom out and make the strips form that.

Old 02-10-2010, 11:36 PM
hirschy
Veteran

ya I was thinking about that because I still have my old liner just leaning on the fence in my back yard.