2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

wrong combination of parts??

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 01:07 PM
Twisted Metal
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't see any mention of an intake in that parts list? Are you still dealing with the stock kegger? I see a bbk 52 mm TB but that is all. This could be holding the engine back as well. If so, at the very least do a Kegger Mod. But,if it was me, I would be looking more toward an Air Gap or M1 port matched to those heads.

(poster's note- He has no info in his sig, so I may be assuming about the stock intake.)

An SCT tuner will surely help. And someone else mentioned clearing the PCM. You have a whole new set of air/fuel parameters for it to learn.

Old 02-26-2010, 04:48 PM
hammerhead1985

talked to hemifever last night and he's gonna try to get me some tuning done next week. You guys were right when you suggesed him. he seemed very knowledgable and he responded to my e-mail very quickly. Now I have my fingers crossed that this will wake my truck up after all that money I just sank in it

Old 02-27-2010, 05:47 AM
trucklover
Veteran

Originally Posted by hammerhead1985
talked to hemifever last night and he's gonna try to get me some tuning done next week. You guys were right when you suggesed him. he seemed very knowledgable and he responded to my e-mail very quickly. Now I have my fingers crossed that this will wake my truck up after all that money I just sank in it
It will be a big increase with the SCT and Hemifever's tuning!!

Old 02-27-2010, 07:15 AM
hammerhead1985

I hope so trucklover. I just sent him all my info and my pcm#. Now I'm on ebay motors (my favorite store in the world) trying to get a wideband setup so we can get it dialed in once we start tuning on it.

Quick Reply: wrong combination of parts??