2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

How to get the o2 sensor out?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 03:24 PM
jamesnb
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used a crescent wrench on my and it came out fine. I've had some crescent wrenches in the past that were junk. The ones I have now are solid. If you adjust it properly, you don't risk rounding the corners any more than you do using an open-end wrench. Idealy a box-end wrench with a slot to slip the wire through is the best choice. I've seen an O2 Sensor remover tool but I can't tell from the picture how good it is. Like I said, I had 173K miles my sensors and I used PB Blaster and a crescent wrench and got the pipe hot my running the engine. A couple of tugs and they came out with no problems.
I tried to find some Denso replacements but the only parts store in town that carried them would have to order them and that would take five days. I didn't want to wait so I went with Bosch. They came with a couple of dabs of anti-sieze on them but I added a little more.

Quick Reply: How to get the o2 sensor out?