2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Rough Idle; Acceleration Hesitation from Stop

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 09:49 PM
Powder$kier30
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maxpusher, first of all thank you so much for posting your problem and the fix! As I stated before, this is the same exact problem I am having but it is very intermittent. I haven't changed the O2 sensors yet but definitely plan to. Which 02 sensors did you replace? Did you replace the pre and post 02 sensors on both sides of the exhaust? And were they $46 per sensor? Thanks again!

Old 06-02-2010, 12:11 AM
Veritas

i might try 02 sensors in mind. your problem sounds a lot like mine. if i let the truck idle, and once it does the rough idling thing, if i let it work through it and let it start idling normal, its fine. it drives like a dream. the only difference is that i believe mine only happens in park. if i just hop in the truck and try and drive away, it usually happen at the end of my street, and if i let off the gas and get back on it, it'll help out but it doesnt run great. i usually just let it idle for 5 mins before i leave.

we were going to hook it up to the scanner and take reading of a couple sensors and go from there. i might just replace the 02s because i was also told they like to go bad on these trucks.

Old 06-17-2010, 10:27 AM
94dodge318
Default My truck does the same thing

i have a 94 with a 318 and it does that... changed out the IAC. very little change.. also it has no power.. gonna try a tune up for lack of power but the other i have no clue..

Quick Reply: Rough Idle; Acceleration Hesitation from Stop