2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

all or nothing took the plunge

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 09:27 PM
yakkier
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You're thinkin of the crank sensor or cam position sensor or something along those lines

Old 03-27-2010, 10:10 PM
xjarhead69
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by 95RAM360
i cant remember which one it is, but you didnt pinch on of the sensors between the tranny and motor did you? i ve heard of problems like this, and it turned out to be a pinched wire between the tranny and motor
That would be the crank sensor. That is why I replaced mine. It got pinched in there when we replaced the tranny.

Dave

Old 03-28-2010, 10:27 AM
Rams3

ok so if truck been sitting more than ten minutes or so even if i turn key on and off a few times letting pump build pressure still does not help must give it gas to start, but this morning after truck sat for about 12 hours it fired right up? then drove to coffee shop truck was off about ten min or so and there we go again cranking untill i give it gas?? as far as pinching wires i doubt it but anything possible when we pulled engine and tranny as one i had everything disconnected and harness up against windshield we bolted engine, tranny, and transfer case back togeather outside the truck and put in as one??

Old 03-28-2010, 12:34 PM
xjarhead69
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Rams3
ok so if truck been sitting more than ten minutes or so even if i turn key on and off a few times letting pump build pressure still does not help must give it gas to start, but this morning after truck sat for about 12 hours it fired right up? then drove to coffee shop truck was off about ten min or so and there we go again cranking untill i give it gas?? as far as pinching wires i doubt it but anything possible when we pulled engine and tranny as one i had everything disconnected and harness up against windshield we bolted engine, tranny, and transfer case back togeather outside the truck and put in as one??
If you assembled everything out side the truck then I don’t se how you could have got the wires pinched. One thing I can thank of. On the driver side the harness on mine was anchored at the bell housing because it ran very, very close to the exhaust manifold. Was yours anchored this way and was it put back and anchored to the bell houseing? Cooked wires maybe?

Dave

Old 03-28-2010, 02:17 PM
Rams3

Ya wires were close but I reinstalled them all up and out of the way, I am an electrician and I am very **** about the wires I disconected and reconected all wiring, all connections were cleaned and dielectric grease on all .....

Old 03-28-2010, 05:25 PM
Rams3

ok so i put a fuel gauge on fuel rail port to see if possibly fuel pump going bad or new fuel injectors no good, so i was loosing pressure, hmmmm. I pulled the injectors out still attached to the rail turned key on and what do you know gas coming out of three of the injectors, so i installed the old ones with 100k on them and what do you know problem solved. By the way i had purchased the brand new injectors from advance auto they were bwd injectors, now im not sure if im going to just run the old ones or get new from dodge? I am going to go return these pos to advanced.

Old 03-28-2010, 06:36 PM
yakkier
Banned

glad you got it figured out, now post some damn pic's and fill out your profile information already

Old 03-28-2010, 06:51 PM
CPTAFW163
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rams3
ok so i put a fuel gauge on fuel rail port to see if possibly fuel pump going bad or new fuel injectors no good, so i was loosing pressure, hmmmm. I pulled the injectors out still attached to the rail turned key on and what do you know gas coming out of three of the injectors, so i installed the old ones with 100k on them and what do you know problem solved. By the way i had purchased the brand new injectors from advance auto they were bwd injectors, now im not sure if im going to just run the old ones or get new from dodge? I am going to go return these pos to advanced.
Get these injectors. I have these, and they were GREAT. Once my 2001 is void of the warranty, i will be putting these on:
http://www.fiveomotorsport.com/domes...rs/?itemid=297

It does not say a price, but they are 385 for a set of 8. Call Bruce. he threw in a set of EV1 connectors for free with me. YOu will need the new connectors to ensure a tight fit. The stock ones i had fit on there, but were loose. The reason they were loose was because the thin metal clips were gone and they were not holding the connection tight. SO get new connectors.

You can see pics of these in my profile album. Since our trucks run at 49PSI (haynes says 43.5, but i have always read 49 from my gauge in my 1996 and 2001) you will have some room for mods (1.7s, throttle body, F1 airgap) since it will run 25.5 lb/hr. Plus the 4 hole design makes for much better efficiency and power.

Stockers are 22lb/hr.

Quick Reply: all or nothing took the plunge