2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

for yakkier... his problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010 | 08:58 PM
yakkier
Banned

**** the mother****ing sockets! 5 trips to the damn tool store, finally got the one that i needed thanks to meanwhitemopar, and the ****in seals are special order and i'd have to wait till weds to get them.

and the ****in axle nut was damn near finger tight, almost threw my ****in shoulder out yankin on it thinkin it was gonna be tight. But nooooooooooooooooooooo!

I'll post pic's once im done.

Old 03-15-2010 | 09:00 PM
95RAM360
Grand Champion

damn....i know what you mean...not on an axle nut, but i know exacally wht you're talking about...done it a 1000 times, it sucks lol

Old 03-15-2010 | 09:21 PM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by yakkier
**** the mother****ing sockets! 5 trips to the damn tool store, finally got the one that i needed thanks to meanwhitemopar, and the ****in seals are special order and i'd have to wait till weds to get them.

and the ****in axle nut was damn near finger tight, almost threw my ****in shoulder out yankin on it thinkin it was gonna be tight. But nooooooooooooooooooooo!

I'll post pic's once im done.
If you had hit me up the other day when I offered then you would have had a breaker bar and the 1 11/16" socket by now, all for 21$ + the 5$ or 6$ shipping.

So where are the pictures of the destroyed hub?

Old 03-15-2010 | 10:13 PM
meanwhitemopar
|
Record Breaker

right now hes using a 1 3/4 socket,,, oh well, close enough.. lol

i was on the phone with him as he about threw his shoulder... my only response... WOW!
all i hear on the phone is.. the sound of the nut spining, and him go, holy **** dude! its not even tight....

and i cant wait to see pics of the destroyed one.. i just hope he gets the whole hub off.. doesnt come off in two peices and the bolted side isnt " welded" itself to the axle... in which case it takes some gentle taps with a mini sledge... hes already pissed off enough

Old 03-15-2010 | 10:44 PM
yakkier
Banned

Dude i was going to but i got my last paycheck from comcast today and i wasnt even expecting one from them, and then today is when the damn hub emploded on it's self goin 75 down the freeway. So i kinda was in a bad spot, iv got all my recipt's and i got a 30 day return policy no questions asked from nothern tool, so when im done im going to take them back and get you to send me some perm ones for alot cheaper than what i paid for mine.

Originally Posted by Sheriff420
If you had hit me up the other day when I offered then you would have had a breaker bar and the 1 11/16" socket by now, all for 21$ + the 5$ or 6$ shipping.

So where are the pictures of the destroyed hub?

Old 03-16-2010 | 02:26 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion

Well, Tractor Supply isn't going anywhere, so they'll be there whenever you get around to wanting them. Then again, I believe you can order straight from the site. You should check it out.
I had to use that breaker bar today to get the rear main bearing cap bolts to break loose, that thing comes in handy because it is a t-handle like a 4 way when you slide the socket part to the middle.

Quick Reply: for yakkier... his problem