2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

World Products Mopar Hemi/Wedge Compressed Graphite Iron (CGI) Blocks!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 09:35 PM
brokenroads37502
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default World Products Mopar Hemi/Wedge Compressed Graphite Iron (CGI) Blocks!

I was wondering if anybody out there knows where to get a hold of one of the Compressed Graphite Iron (CGI) Big Block Mopars that World Products released a couple years ago? They used to list them for both a Hemi as well as a Wedge Block on their website and I thought that they were available through Mopar Performance as well. I remember reading they were available and all sorts of good things about them. But as of today I can't find a single listing for them. Was there something wrong with them that they had to stop producing them? Does anybody have any information on the CGI Big Block Mopars from World Products?

Wasn't sure where to post this but since I'm planning to put the thing in my 2000 Ram 1500 I figured I'd start here on the 2nd Gen Ram Forum. If there is a more appropriate place for this thread to be please let me know. I will try to figure out how to move it to that place. Thanks in Advance!

Old 03-23-2010, 10:04 PM
Hammer Down
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would also try asking in general discussions or the muscle car sections.

Old 03-24-2010, 12:12 AM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Why would you want to put a 426 Hemi in your Ram? Find a Charger, Cornet, Duster, Demon, Road Runner, Satellite, whatever to faithfully put it in.

Old 03-24-2010, 02:46 AM
brokenroads37502
Rookie

Originally Posted by PurplDodge
Why would you want to put a 426 Hemi in your Ram? Find a Charger, Cornet, Duster, Demon, Road Runner, Satellite, whatever to faithfully put it in.
First you're assuming I was asking about putting a 426 Hemi into my truck. I'm going to put a 440 in it.

Second, Why wouldn't anybody who has the money to do so want to put a 426 Hemi in their truck? I mean this thread was an inquiry into an aftermarket block in the first place. So not hurting anybodies restoration project by putting the engine of my choice in a 2000 Ram 1500. Hahahaha But no I'm not wanting a Hemi for this truck just yet! Just trying to track down a CGI Wedge Block! World Products was making both.

Third.... I'm blown away that any member of a forum that carries the Dodge name would ask "Why would you want to put a 426 Hemi in your Ram?" Are you kidding me? Are you a Bow Tie or Blue Oval fan that happens to own a Dodge???

I say that because every diehard Mopar Man/Woman/Child that I have ever crossed paths with has been able to see the pure delight in a 426 Hemi-powered anything on wheels! People who can't see it and ask that particular "WHY?" in my experience have been either GM or Ford fans.

Before you ask why would I want to put a 440 in my Ram Pickup. It's because I Can! No seriously There's no replacement for Big Block Displacement!

Old 03-25-2010, 11:47 AM
brokenroads37502
Rookie

Well Darn! I just got a reply from Angelo @ world Products. They said that they just weren't selling enough of the CGI blocks so they cut them from production. And now they have 2 CGI Hemi Blocks left. They're on clearance P/N P5153861R $4,595.00 + s&h... Which is more than what I've been seeing the Cast Iron versions for but a little less than the Aluminums I've seen advertised.

It's a shame to see something that cool fall in the cracks of oblivion due to popularity!

Old 03-25-2010, 12:04 PM
yakkier
Banned

I would kill to put a 426 in mine, thats the best big block ever made next to the 383.

Old 03-25-2010, 12:36 PM
Dixie Mudslinger
Veteran

i agree i dream of havin a big block hemi with a huge cam choppin under the hood of my ram

Old 03-25-2010, 12:59 PM
yakkier
Banned

Nothing like the sound of a camed engine, lol once you've heard one in person thats a sound you never forget, people who have no idea what it sounds like usually thinks theres something wrong with it lol

Old 03-25-2010, 01:23 PM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Could make just as much hp/trq as a BB with barely any of the fabrication that would be needed with a BB. R3 small block can go safely to 472ci when bored/stroked (512 radical). The R3 wont have the big wt penalty either.
Small block is much cheaper (hair under 3K IIRC), will bolt up like a Magnum & be substantially lighter than the BB. R3 blocks pretty strong with the extra webbing, 4bolt mains & 6bolt head mounting.

Buddy stroked his R3 block for his Indy to 454ci to raze the chebby guys.

Old 03-25-2010, 02:20 PM
yakkier
Banned

Indy wanna build an engine for me ?

Quick Reply: World Products Mopar Hemi/Wedge Compressed Graphite Iron (CGI) Blocks!