2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Burning rubber

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 06:13 PM
yakkier
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright then could be because my truck is a pos at the moment.... lol

Old 03-27-2010, 06:24 PM
MrRuckuss
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

however, i did forget to mention that i do have a 1990 chevy caprice, police cruiser, that will put ruts in pavement, i've been itchin to get it out of storage, when i do i'll get some video of that, i smoked the hell out of it one day after work up in columbus, ohio, the car itself including the inside, (roll up the windows is usually the first response, but that is not going to help as it has holes in it from the rust) the smoke turned yellow which is what i thought was hiliarious but i was thinking that i was on the verge of the tires catching on fire, so i let off the brake and rolled out i really wish i had a video of that but i don't.

Old 03-28-2010, 12:20 PM
lord0fsal3m
Captain

when i get the destination M/T's in ill put up some pics, i bought american racing outlaw II's to go with them (craigslist $200) and ill review them after i get some miles off them, there are hundreds of posts on tirerack.com and everyone that buys them loves them and says theyd get them again, i saw people with 70k, 72k, 78k, and 80k on them with tread to go, so that made me kind of happy. right now they are on national shortage, theyre going to start producing them again in 3 weeks and then fill the backorders (which i got in line for) so i should have them the end of april to middle may. and i will have new off the line tires not ones that sat on a shelf for a year or so like that post that was up previously

Old 03-28-2010, 01:08 PM
redheadhunter21
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I only have 245/75/16's but I can spin my tires whenever I want going around a turn, or from less than 20, they smoke going around turns even when Im not trying to

Old 03-28-2010, 02:48 PM
wake
Captain

wet pavement i cant go more than a 1/4 throttle or else ill spin em..

and im not about to try it on dry pavement..but i did it on slickish pavement (has oil on it) just powered it up with my foot on the brake to about 900 RPM's then smacked it to WOT without the brake..and i sup both tires all the way through first then half way through second

stock 318,gutted cat,super 40,265/75/16 A/T's with ****ty tread on the front and alright tread on the rear, new plenum,new timing chain,shift kit,fluid filter all in the last 8-10K

btw my gears are 3.55's i believe

Quick Reply: Burning rubber