2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Is your truck having shifting issues?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 09:48 PM
MonteC
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Is your truck having shifting issues?

Not shifting out of gear? Late shifts? Early shifts? This is what you need, i finally got my hands on one of these and i believe it is THE cure for the 46re governor pressure solenoid.

http://dnjcomponents.com/index.php

It utilizes a GM EPC solenoid (electronic pressure control), with a self cleaning valve inside, unlike the pressure solenoid found in the 46re. This set up gives you much more reliable governor pressure and is extremely stable at WOT.

This set up will not fix damaged transmissions, if you have a high mileage unit, a unit that is slipping, making noise or has nasty fluid with sediment in the pan i would not recommend this set up.

I would recommend this for low mileage units, recently rebuilt units or buy it and have it installed during a rebuild. I am in NO WAY affiliated with this product, just trying to educate you dodge guys and help you make that transmission work better and last longer.

Last edited by MonteC; 04-03-2010 at 09:50 PM.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:53 PM
Mowhawk
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you thank you...thank you.

I will be getting this

Old 04-03-2010, 10:05 PM
xjarhead69
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by MonteC
Not shifting out of gear? Late shifts? Early shifts? This is what you need, i finally got my hands on one of these and i believe it is THE cure for the 46re governor pressure solenoid.

http://dnjcomponents.com/index.php

It utilizes a GM EPC solenoid (electronic pressure control), with a self cleaning valve inside, unlike the pressure solenoid found in the 46re. This set up gives you much more reliable governor pressure and is extremely stable at WOT.

This set up will not fix damaged transmissions, if you have a high mileage unit, a unit that is slipping, making noise or has nasty fluid with sediment in the pan i would not recommend this set up.

I would recommend this for low mileage units, recently rebuilt units or buy it and have it installed during a rebuild. I am in NO WAY affiliated with this product, just trying to educate you dodge guys and help you make that transmission work better and last longer.

Dodge "RE" Governor Solenoid to GM
Pressure Control Solenoid Conversion Kit

#REC. This kit was specifically designed to handle higher base pressure in high performance applications and to improve the reliability of the governor solenoid in normal use. In performance units the pressure can flood the Dodge solenoid and cause a no shift condition at full throttle. This is the fix. Fits all rear wheel drive RE model transmissions. Cost $149.00

Is this the same thing from http://www.transmissioncenter.net/dodge.htm?

Dave

Old 04-03-2010, 11:25 PM
Trey318
Captain

Looks just like it.

Old 04-03-2010, 11:34 PM
MonteC
Record Breaker

Yep same thing.

Either one will work great! The key is the GM EPC solenoid.

Old 04-03-2010, 11:40 PM
Ram_Me
Captain

I've heard about this.. I overheard my transmission guys talking over whether or not my truck would be a good candidate for this solenoid. When I bring it back this week, this is what they'll put in for sure.

Old 04-03-2010, 11:45 PM
CPTAFW163
Champion

My truck has 48K miles, and i have no slipping issues. Maybe i should get this since I will be doing a drain and fill...as soon as I get my Truck back from the dealership. 8 days and they still have not replaced the Transfer Case. I thought it was a bad seal, but ended up my TC was cracked.

Old 04-04-2010, 12:11 AM
DukesOfHazzard
Record Breaker

I'm coming up on a fluid/filter change, is this a easy install? Seems like i get a really early shift when driving slow, just something ive' been noticing alot more. 100k + and no known problems, just a early upshift/downshift?? when driving below 15-20 mph. Monte have you used Sure Cure kits from sonnax with this?

Last edited by DukesOfHazzard; 04-04-2010 at 12:23 AM.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:14 AM
CPTAFW163
Champion

Originally Posted by DukesOfHazzard
I'm coming up on a fluid/filter change, is this a easy install?
The install is this...but with the better part:
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...install-3.html

Old 04-04-2010, 01:58 AM
MonteC
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by DukesOfHazzard
I'm coming up on a fluid/filter change, is this a easy install? Seems like i get a really early shift when driving slow, just something ive' been noticing alot more. 100k + and no known problems, just a early upshift/downshift?? when driving below 15-20 mph. Monte have you used Sure Cure kits from sonnax with this?

Yes i just finished one for a board member, worked beautifully. He drove it three hours back home. BUT always, always, always check your TV cable FIRST. This post was made with the assumption that everyones tv cable is adjusted properly and is in good working order.

Quick Reply: Is your truck having shifting issues?