2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Gear ratios and RPM's

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 10:46 PM
xxxcowxboyxxx
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats what i was getting at. total weight is prob between 12 and 13 K. ...... maybe your next upgrade should be a nice 12 valve cummins

Old 04-12-2010, 10:58 PM
bdjordan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xxxcowxboyxxx
thats what i was getting at. total weight is prob between 12 and 13 K. ...... maybe your next upgrade should be a nice 12 valve cummins
I wish I could go back and redo my purchase. I was looking at cummins when I bought this truck. i spent hours online and most people said 5000lbs would be nothing for a 360 3/4 ton. I thought I could save a few grand and now wishing I would have just bought something I know would handle any load i want to tow. O well always another day and another dollar spent. One queston...My truck has a factory goose neck hitch, Why would they put this in a truck with such a tall gear knowing that most likley it would be used for towing?

Old 04-12-2010, 11:10 PM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bdjordan
I am running an air raid intake. Just forgot to add on my signature. With my truck being long bed and quad cab I bet the truck is actually 8000+ in weight. I guess it is pretty heavy for a basically stock 360 and stock tranny.
Id guess your truck to be about 5800lbs. Easy way to find out, go to a dump & put it on the scales.
Edit - Unless your carrying something real heavy in the bed we cant see

My V10 tips the scales at 6050lbs with full tank of gas which is 35gal tank.
It is a reg cab, long box, but it came factory with plow, tow & camper packages. Sits on the 3500 frame & has bigger springs up front as well as the extra set of leaf springs in the back & rear swaybars. Ive had it on the scales a few times at the dump.

CTD same configuration as mine is about 6800lbs, QC just over 7100lbs.

4.10s would be the way to go
Id check the plenum to see if you have a leak, can cost a fair bit of power.

Last edited by RM_Indy; 04-12-2010 at 11:13 PM.

Quick Reply: Gear ratios and RPM's