2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Parts and Brands

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 09:27 AM
Shuckapeafarms
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parts and Quality

Well there Unregistered User, your analysis just does hold muster. First of all, I didn't say any firm was better than another and certainly from my experiences, Amaco would be my LAST choice due to the fact they don't REBUILD your transmission they REFURBISH it which is miles apart in definition!
What I did say, companies don't slap 3 year warranties on inferior products! By the way, "LIFETIME" is not what you have interpreted just like you didn't comprehend my statements! Lifetime warranty on brake pads for instance, doesn't mean if they wear out, you get a new set for free!!! Radiators come with LIFETIME warranty, the same reasoning applies!
I have a private shop that I do business with as they have been established and doing business in the community for two generations and they don't rip folks off! They fix what needs to be fixed and you pay for the parts and work performed..............unlike most repair shops in America today!
I just recently encounter the honesty with my wifes car. The A/C stopped working...........we took it to two different independent shops. The first tard wanted $1000 and told me it might have other issues. The second shop told us $2600.........we needed a complete rebuild of the system due to leaks.
I took the car to another shop recommended by my transmission man.........this guy informed us that we needed a $54 resistor and $20 to install it! Took him all of 10 minutes............start to finish..........and the A/C was back up and running 100% on my two year old car these other two thieves thought they were going to fleece me!!
I do all of my own mechanical work as I have been doing it for over 35 years with the exception of A/C to which I never really involved myself in technically and not competence! Since my most recent experience, I put my nose to the grinder and purchased the equipment to perform my own A/C work!! It isn't rocket science, in fact it's quite easy for anyone with mechanical abilities!

PS: JFYI..............if you go to a shop for A/C issues and the flunky comes out with his electronic sniffer, then tells you the system leaks...................get in your vehicle and LEAVE!! It's their biggest SCAM!!! ALL.............ALL.................ALL A/C systems have a leak percentage and those electronic sniffers will pick up the most minut leak!! Some auto makers were sanctioned to bring their vehicles into a more positive compliance however..................there are NO 100% LEAK PROOF SYSTEMS when tested with the electronic sniffer!! ALL......ALL.........ALL vehicles will require a re-charge whether or not the system has ever been tampered with in any manner!!

Last edited by Shuckapeafarms; 03-11-2012 at 09:35 AM.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:49 AM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Shuckapeafarms
What I did say, companies don't slap 3 year warranties on inferior products!
Here on Earth they do. Walk your happy *** through the door under the AutoZone sign and they'll show you.

Old 03-11-2012, 11:02 AM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a lifetime warranty on the clutch I bought from Autozone last June. Just returned it yesterday, got my $200 back.

Old 03-11-2012, 11:38 AM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by 2x1972
I had a lifetime warranty on the clutch I bought from Autozone last June. Just returned it yesterday, got my $200 back.
Why'd it go back?

Old 03-11-2012, 11:59 AM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion

Well... Cuz it slipped once...

Old 03-11-2012, 12:09 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion

Well... Cuz it slipped once...
I remember seeing the cracked frisbee photos but didn't know if you'd narrowed it down to the clutch being crap, a none-too-proficient resurface, or whatever.

Old 03-11-2012, 12:17 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion

The pressure plate also had extreme amounts of hot spot damage, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, it was in service for less that 5 months... So really it deserved to be returned.

One way or another, that garbage clutch would not have lasted a lifetime, since that's what this thread is about at this point haha

Last edited by Wombat Ranger; 03-11-2012 at 12:19 PM.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:46 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion

One way or another, that garbage clutch would not have lasted a lifetime, since that's what this thread is about at this point haha
But... but... but dammit, man, the longer the warranty the higher the quality!

Old 03-11-2012, 02:32 PM
gdstock
Legend

The pressure plate also had extreme amounts of hot spot damage, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, it was in service for less that 5 months... So really it deserved to be returned.

Keep your left foot off the clutch! ....lol.....

I almost quit reading the diatribe....but certainly lost track. Cannot figure out exactly what the persone that bumped this was getting at...... I want that 15 minutes back.....

Old 03-11-2012, 02:40 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by gdstock
Keep your left foot off the clutch! ....lol.....
Of all the 20 year olds in the world who actually know how to drive stick, I am probably the easiest on clutches

It was a crappy clutch to begin with.

Quick Reply: Parts and Brands