2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

autozone sucks

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010 | 01:08 AM
pavement_hater
Veteran

After an employee of Advance Auto Parts told me that he couldn't look up a part in their computer for my truck that their website said they not only can get but had in stock and that I can look up more stuff online than they can instore, I'm pretty much done with them. I don't really care for Autozone all that much either. I said from now on I will go to Napa or the dealer where the employee's seem to have a brain. I may have to pay a little more for it, but it will be worth it.

Old 04-30-2010 | 01:21 AM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by pavement_hater
I said from now on I will go to Napa or the dealer where the employee's seem to have a brain.
I've always had good luck with NAPA, and generally bad luck with Autozone, Checker, and so on. The NAPA folks I've dealt with have always been straight up and would go out of their way to help out -- maybe I've just been lucky, but when I was keeping my '69 Scout on the road the local guys would round up parts from salvage yards and not even charge any markup.

Old 04-30-2010 | 10:11 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion

When my sister worked at advance she delivered parts most of the time and guess what one of her regular stops was (this goes with what jason said).

Old 04-30-2010 | 12:48 PM
01greenram
|

i goto napa most of the time but there a little bit away from the house

Old 04-30-2010 | 01:08 PM
hometheaterman
Champion

Yeah I like Napa. I'm not a fan of Advanced Auto Parts but I do use them quite a bit just because of price and convenience. Napa is all the way across town and a hassle to get to. Parts wise I think their parts are often superior though. I haven't used Autozone much at all except for lights and belts. So I can't comment on that. I do often like the dealer for OEM parts. I did have something odd happen the other day for the first time ever. I called the Chevy dealer about a radiator and he told me the price for the factory one then told me he could get me an aftermarket one for much cheaper. When I asked which he recommended he said if it was him he would go with the aftermarket one. I've never had a dealer try to sell me aftermarket parts before this.

Old 04-30-2010 | 10:47 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

I avoid autozone electric parts like the plague. After being stranded on the side of the road THREE times, in ONE week..... Went to advanced, installed their part, and the car was still running strong three years later when I sold it.

Actually, I won't buy anything at all from autozone........ I haven't even been in the store since I went to get my money back for the last failed part.

Old 05-01-2010 | 03:08 AM
BlueBeast2
Champion

I get a lot of stuff from Advance. Have never really had a problem with them. I hear bad stuff about AZ all the time. I try to avoid NAPA. Ask pc the NAPA near here jacks the price up like majorly. You'll look online and see a price of say 15 bucks, You go to the store they ring you up and it's 50. You ask why and they say stuffs different online and give you some lame excuse.

I get cheap tools at AZ if I need something and Advance don't have it or its really expensive. I bought axle bushings for my stang there once only because nobody else sold them. Come on though Duralast just sounds like junk

Old 05-16-2010 | 12:31 PM
redneckrocket38
Professional

I think alot of the time it varies from store to store. I use an AZ all the time and never have any problems.

Old 05-16-2010 | 01:40 PM
corbin5754
Rookie

Autozone is the only place ill go 2 never had a problem with there parts and there prices are better kinda reminds me of walmart cause you can return anything without any problems LOL.

Old 05-16-2010 | 01:46 PM
Pete379

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
I've always had good luck with NAPA, and generally bad luck with Autozone, Checker, and so on. The NAPA folks I've dealt with have always been straight up and would go out of their way to help out -- maybe I've just been lucky, but when I was keeping my '69 Scout on the road the local guys would round up parts from salvage yards and not even charge any markup.
I have decent luck with napa but have to drive clear across town. the people at the store next to my place hires idiots. told me I needed to replace the hole hub assembly to fix my inner axle seal. but they're the best other than carquest. carquest wants to much for their parts.

Quick Reply: autozone sucks