2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

CEL - Failed TCC or Overdrive Solenoid

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 08:50 PM
MonteC
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lucas? You just screwed that transmission.

Old 05-18-2010, 11:23 PM
jamesnb
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MonteC
Lucas? You just screwed that transmission.
Seriously, how big a deal is it that I added the Lucas Transmission Fix? It's only been in the system for about 100 miles and I'm planning to drain the fluid once I get 100 miles on it.
Is your comment based on people adding it and the rattle and shimmy goes away for 20K miles but meanwhile the problem is still there and destroying the transmission or are you saying simply because I added the product I need to order a new transmission? Please give me a little more insight. I can't image a company as big as Lucas would still make the product if everytime somebody added it to their transmission, they had to buy a new one. Please give me some more details. If this is the case, I'll just drive it until it quits running and swap the whole thing out.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:50 AM
Kraiger
Veteran

Ok. This is what im being told about the Torque converter. Yes you will need to send a core or i can find you one up here first because he does not have any dodge cores on the shelf. As far as warrenty goes, If it is a new trans you get a 90 day, but since its used and having issuses already then no warrenty.

Old 05-20-2010, 10:54 AM
jamesnb
Professional

Thanks Kraiger. I appreciate all you've done. I don't doubt he makes a good product and I can understand not wanting to warranty it going into a used tranny that's already having problems.
And even though I'm a reasonably sure if I replace the torque conver it will take care of the problems, I'm a little reluctant to spend the money and time on a torque converter especially as Montec says, I just screwed my transmission.
Let me drop the pan tomorrow and see what it looks like and I'll get back with you. Again, I appreciate everything you've done.

Quick Reply: CEL - Failed TCC or Overdrive Solenoid