2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Still pass WA emissions sniffer with hollowed out cat?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 03:49 AM
Ugly1
Record Breaker
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric99ram
Well if Seattle is the heart then I wonder what that makes my hometown of Tacoma...
Maybe the term "Tacoma aroma" is a clue? Haha j/k Haven't actually smelled the old pulp mill for years.

Old 05-14-2010, 02:12 PM
greenmachine
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 99 passed an emmissions test with gutted cat, also had a O2 sensor dummy so the CEL would not come on (that would have failed me). Emissions tests are a crock as long as the car is running properly you dont even need cats. They are designed to catch unburned fuel and deposits and that only happens if you dont take care of the vehicle. The lady even commented on how well the truck "scored". My dad had an old ford that failed three times and then payed a fine to get a waiver. Tell me how that makes sense?

Old 05-14-2010, 07:27 PM
2k10HemiRam
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ugly1
Maybe the term "Tacoma aroma" is a clue? Haha j/k Haven't actually smelled the old pulp mill for years.
Yea, I haven't had to smell that aroma for awhile.

Quick Reply: Still pass WA emissions sniffer with hollowed out cat?