2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Started my new bumper

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 09:51 PM
longram94
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

got the bumper pretty much done. I think i am gonna cut about three to four inches off of the mounting bracket to move it in close to the body but i have to wait for my winch to get here before i do that to make sure i will have enough room.

I ended up not using the stock brackets and ended up just make new ones ot of 3/8ths steel.

heres a few pics

I also test fitted my new wheels. they are 15x8 crager soft 8's. Tires should be here next week.

Old 05-28-2010, 09:52 PM
GeorgiaDodge
Veteran

looks good man, should be heavy duty enough,lol

Old 05-28-2010, 10:08 PM
BIGRED97
Captain

that is awesome! this is exactly what i am thinking, but stacking about 4 high with no space for a winch, and this is perfect for what i needed to get my lazy butt in gear and actually pull my welder out and start on my project!

looks really good cant wait to see it finished up!

Old 05-28-2010, 11:25 PM
TheBigRedOne

That bumper does not flow at all with the body of that truck. It looks like a haphazard contraption that was slapped on with no thought. That thing sits so far off the frame that it looks like some sort of diving board. It has no triangles also, so in a collision, its gonna twist either to the left or the right, and will take your frame rails with it.

Just my opinion, but that bumper is bad news.

Old 05-28-2010, 11:35 PM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you expect him to put the winch in the rad???

Old 05-29-2010, 01:14 AM
TheBigRedOne

I'd put it in the back seat before I'd put it on that contraption. Look at the thickness of the material used.

Then look at what it's attached to.

Old 05-29-2010, 03:00 PM
longram94

I do apprciate constructive ideas, but people getting on and just being plain rude is disrespectful. This is why i think many people do not post what they do to their truck.

bottom line is its my trck. i think it matches the body lines pretty damn well. i did not angle it back to match exactly becase then i wold run into clearence issues with the tires that are going on it.

Trust me the guy who helped me build it has built alot of off road bumpers and smacked into many large things and they did not budge. That is were the factory mounts there bumpers so i think it is fine.

If you would have read the full post you would have read that it is going to be moved in as soon as i get my winch to make sure there is room. You would of also read that it is NOT finished and is NOT being driving on the road or anywhere as of now, Last night we welded in gussets from the tubes to the 3/8 mounting brackets.

SOME people ****ing amaze me. this is not out to all you who have complimented me or who gave me constructive comments such as dodge15004x45.9 and bluebeast2. its to you a-holes who never post anythign helpful to anyone but just browse arond looking for something to nit-pick apart like thebigredone.

Ill prolly just stop posting any thing.

Old 05-29-2010, 03:19 PM
dodge15004x45.9
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey man I just didn't want to see it fail was all.

Good luck with the project.

Old 05-29-2010, 03:44 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

the bumper looks a bit too low. i do like the look of the bumper though.

Old 05-29-2010, 03:44 PM
canadian dakota
Record Breaker
Default screw the negative aholes

hey man i like it im in the midst of buiding ine for my dak and when people start picking at it i just tell them if they wanna build one that THEY think is better they can go right ahead. besides most people who do serious wheeling know that its always function over fasion..
the 3/8" steel should be thick enough its what i built my brackets with just used angle.. now im just wondering if i left room for a winch lol.. ill be buying one in the fall i think keep us posted dude and **** every one else

ps i havent posted pics yet of mine waiting to finish it but pm me if you wanna see or get some ideas

Quick Reply: Started my new bumper