2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

talk me out of getting rid of my truck....:(

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 12:18 AM
95RAM360
Grand Champion
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

lol, i'd probably keep that...and actually to tell you guys the truth, my old boss has a 98, in flawless condition on the outside, no rust, red, extended cab, 8 ft. bed, 5.9L 4x4, but the tranny and xfer case is gone....said he sell it to me for $800.....but my 46RH wont be able to go in that will it?

Last edited by 95RAM360; 06-03-2010 at 12:21 AM.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:22 AM
CPTAFW163
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 95RAM360
ive thought about that to tell you the truth...

my fiancees sister got married so she could be on base with her husband (air force, they are stationed in Germany) and they are set for life...he just bought a brand new car, a brand new bike, he has everything paid for, doesnt have to buy anything....

so yea ive considered it....i tried going into the marines (2 years ago), but i couldnt for i had a fine i was paying on....

makes me want to cry just thinking about selling my truck....seriously that thing is like a part of me....im VERY attached to my truck
Then just use it as motivation.

I would just stop sinking money into it. I have no problems with my truck, but that is really not why I tinker...IT IS A HOBBY!!!

Just keep the truck and set some finance goals. Do something every 4 months and plan a budget. Do the big things when tax refund season comes around. Ant tell your plan to your wife and you both agree with the plan. Heck, just use junkyard parts to get it running, then plan on getting better replacements when your cash flow is better.

You can't just get rid of something that keeps you happy.

Just remember,
It is much easier to rack up the expenses if you are going to the parts store every week (I think everyone here can agree). But if you go once every 4 months, you will see less of a hit. Plus it gets rid of impulse buying.

One of us passing by a NAPA is like a recovering alcoholic passing by a liquor store. Just don't go in there!!!

Old 06-03-2010, 12:27 AM
95RAM360
Grand Champion

lol mechanics is my passion...

if i can quote the fast and the furious..."Theres something about engines that calms me down" and by god that is the truth with me...i do have ADD, and working on a vehicle is something that ALWAYS calms me down....regardless of the troubles i run into...

and my plan was to let the truck sit until i can get it fixed, but i HAD to drive it tonight, for the maxima is illegal somehow....which ill find out tonorrow....but today like i said, was the first time in 3 weeks that ive actually driven it....

what would you guys say my truck is worth IF i did sell it staright up, without parting it? KBB says $3800

im taking some time to smoke for a minute and collect my thoughts....thanks for the input guys...

Last edited by 95RAM360; 06-03-2010 at 12:31 AM.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:34 AM
mr freeze
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well,Im gonna ruffle some feathers with this but.......smoking pot which costs money that could be used to buy groceries might not be a good idea.Beating on your truck and driving through small rivers might not be good on metal parts.And joining the military so you can pay your bills almost amounts to a new welfare system.You dont see the military begging for recruits since this depression hit do you.Everyone else had this same plan.Flame me if you want.

Old 06-03-2010, 12:35 AM
CPTAFW163
Champion

I don't even want to throw out a price. you might toss your computer.

HOWEVER

I don't know how much of this info you are willing to tell a buyer. There are a lot of naive 15-17 year olds out there buying these things up....no offense :P

Old 06-03-2010, 12:35 AM
nopower318
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey man, puff puff pass this way!

Old 06-03-2010, 12:36 AM
95RAM360
Grand Champion

no i smoked a butt lol....i wish i could smoke a joint....( i buy rollies, so its only like 8 bucks for 200 cigs....)

and i drove the truck in the rivers before my fiancee and I lost our old jobs...(we worked at the same place before...long story on why we lost our jobs...and the funny thing is my fiancees mom was the manager.............................

Last edited by 95RAM360; 06-03-2010 at 12:39 AM.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:39 AM
CPTAFW163
Champion

Originally Posted by mr freeze
Well,Im gonna ruffle some feathers with this but.......smoking pot which costs money that could be used to buy groceries might not be a good idea.Beating on your truck and driving through small rivers might not be good on metal parts.And joining the military so you can pay your bills almost amounts to a new welfare system.You dont see the military begging for recruits since this depression hit do you.Everyone else had this same plan.Flame me if you want.
The military still has a mission for recruiting, but they have closed a lot of categories:

1. MUST have HS diploma, GED is not good enough unless you have 15 college semester hrs.
2. Felony waivers are out the window
3. Only misdemeanor drug possession can be waived

The truth is, if the military is your LAST option...you probably are not qualified.

I saw a guy walk in with his pregnant wife and he said, "I was wondering if you can help me..." I knew right away.

He was a GED, on parole for drug trafficking.

The best was the person who called my office with this:

"I don't have a HS diploma and I am a sex offender, but i really want to serve my country."

Do not let the Military be your last option. Because they will not let you in because the standards are high right now.

--Dan

P.S. I think he was talking about having a cigarette...benefit of the doubt.

Old 06-03-2010, 12:41 AM
CPTAFW163
Champion
Old 06-03-2010, 12:44 AM
95RAM360
Grand Champion

i have 1 misdomeaner change, not drug related...(fighting...but was labeld as an assult)

i have my HS diploma,
Ive passed and Asvab (i think its called) already, but i failed to tell them i was paying on a fine, and the recruiter said once i pay that off, i can go in...but i moved to MA to be with my fiancee isntead.

Quick Reply: talk me out of getting rid of my truck....:(