2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hemi Swap into a 2nd Generation Ram

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 08:14 PM
HemiDak-Quad
Captain
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by silverbullet-dodgeram
i sure could use some front 4x4 parts lol
What parts do you need ? email me gbgbrose@yahoo.com.

Old 01-28-2012, 08:23 PM
HemiDak-Quad
Captain

Originally Posted by crazzywolfie
hey HemiDak-Quad, have you tried running a ground wire to the throttle body? i have read that it can smooth out the idle on the newer trucks.

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...ng-the-tb.html
I have the perfect wire for that , I'll try it tomorrow and let you know.I'll run it to the engine block..It kinda makes sense I guess since the whole throttle body is electrically operated..Too Damned much technology and not enough "OLD SCHOOL"... > DODGE..

Old 01-29-2012, 10:13 AM
HemiDak-Quad
Captain

whats up ddi

Old 01-29-2012, 12:02 PM
DDIRI
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm thinking bad fuel and Bad sensors are causing my gremlins now.

Last edited by DDIRI; 01-29-2012 at 12:08 PM.
Old 01-29-2012, 12:05 PM
DDIRI
Professional

My saturday got hijacked had to work from 6a to 3p and when I got home my wife needed to run some errands so needless to say no time for the truck yesterday. Hopefully I have a chance to sneak off today. I'm thinking I need to pull my gas tank again put some new fuel in it flush my fuel lines and swap my cam and crank sensors if that doesn't work its back to the drawing board. The problem with today is Sunday is family day for us and my wife doesn't like working on the truck.

98 Hemi if you need any help you can hit me up here or email me kylejwieben@hotmail.com it isn't as involved as I have made it. I think the combination of the dash swap with the fact I think this engine wasn't a runner when I got it have complicated things. I also think that my fundsalow syndrome kicking in hasn't helped. You just have to keep telling yourself its gonna be worth it when you are done.

George is a huge help and probably a better resource for wiring. Any body conversion stuff I can let you know it what I did on mine.

George the pickers show could be good I mean if they want to come clean your yard and pay for stuff let them. Unless they try to low ball you then stick to your guns if its something worth anything its great advertising to other potential buyers.

Old 01-29-2012, 03:09 PM
HemiDak-Quad
Captain

Gotta take care of that baby..I got you're card yesterday "Tell Lasey Thank you" .
Maybe a break for a day or two away from the truck wouldn't be a bad thing..You'll get it..

Old 01-29-2012, 08:38 PM
98hemi-ram
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks I might just have to take you up on that offer when it comes time. I wont be starting my swap till next winter. Ive got a case of that fundsalow to and i gotta go back to school for my apprenticeship in a couple months which isnt helping any lol. But next winter its a go!!

I hope you get your problems figured out soon.

Old 01-30-2012, 05:33 PM
HemiDak-Quad
Captain

Originally Posted by 98hemi-ram
Thanks I might just have to take you up on that offer when it comes time. I wont be starting my swap till next winter. Ive got a case of that fundsalow to and i gotta go back to school for my apprenticeship in a couple months which isnt helping any lol. But next winter its a go!!

I hope you get your problems figured out soon.
That might give you enough time to save for extras like headers , Cam , Super Chip , etc.... I have never got a good deal on anything I had to buy without taking the time and patients to shop around and wait for a better deal..
Good luck in school , maybe one day you'll make enough to buy a nice Hemi Ram .. The only way to come close to the satisfaction of driving the one you build , is knowing you can "afford" one Dodge did..
I got over the Italian Funds a low and now I have that Chinese one "Dragin ***"...I gotta give finding the problem a break for a couple days.I'm out of places to look and things to look for , Keep in touch..

Last edited by HemiDak-Quad; 01-30-2012 at 05:40 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:24 PM
98hemi-ram
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea im hopin to upgrade the cam at least before i put the hemi in. And superchip sometime later on. This truck has just been my toy for the past few years and gets parked for the winter. So ill have all winter to get it in and hopefully working for next summers trip down to the Mopar nats in ohio.

And thanks hopefully school goes well then i can go write for my ticket and start savin up again for my swap next winter.

Old 01-30-2012, 08:53 PM
DDIRI
Professional

I wish I could do headers but the drive shaft for 4x4 gets in the way. I'm thinking programmer CAI and shorty exhaust is as crazy as I will get. At least till I can afford to put a turbo on it.

On a realistic note I'm going to the parts store tomorrow to swap my sensors. I will update with my results.

Quick Reply: Hemi Swap into a 2nd Generation Ram