2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Tranny R&R now a couple issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 04:53 PM
Fifthwheelin
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tranny R&R now a couple issues

I removed my tranny to put in new freeze plugs, and now its back in. The truck is idling LOW and running rough. The Battery was disconnected for a week and a half while it was out (waiting on new trans pan). I also threw out the metal vac lines to the CAD unit. I connected the vac lines as they would be with the metal ones, simply by routing them up near the oil pan, and conneting to the CAD lines up there. metal lines were cut accidentally trying to remove.

Now I dont get a 4x4 light at the dash, but 4x4 seems to work. I do get a check engine light which I need to scan havent had the chance yet.

Old 06-16-2010, 05:11 PM
dodgeram07
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i wonder if you bumped the cps?

Old 06-17-2010, 07:39 AM
Fifthwheelin
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bump... No

I did remove it, and never sieze the bolts and replace it that way if I need to get at it in the future from the top, life is easy. If the CPS were not working the engine would not start. The ECM needs that signal to fire the injectors. I did not touch the distributor.

Quick Reply: Tranny R&R now a couple issues