2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

climate control..

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 01:30 AM
ramitt360
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes mine did that too but never did anything with it. i live in florida now so theres almost no need to run the heater but when i was living in Maine a year ago my a/c pump would always run like you said CPTAFW163, so i unplugged a a wire under the hood that disabled power to the a/c. plug it back in during the summer haha

Old 06-26-2010, 09:15 AM
dailydriver
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On my 98, there is a metal ring inside the vent setting selector switch that controls the A/C compressor. It runs the A/C on the 3 settings you mentioned, and the defrost & foot/defrost. With a heater that already wasn't good, having the A/C run made it warm at best. I traced out the wire that kicks the a/c relay on & wired in a toggle switch, so now I can manually control the A/C. It actually works great, now I can use my heater in the "MAX A/C" setting to get recirc air & not all fresh air like the other settings. Truck warms up much quicker now.

Old 06-26-2010, 07:39 PM
CPTAFW163
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dailydriver
On my 98, there is a metal ring inside the vent setting selector switch that controls the A/C compressor. It runs the A/C on the 3 settings you mentioned, and the defrost & foot/defrost. With a heater that already wasn't good, having the A/C run made it warm at best. I traced out the wire that kicks the a/c relay on & wired in a toggle switch, so now I can manually control the A/C. It actually works great, now I can use my heater in the "MAX A/C" setting to get recirc air & not all fresh air like the other settings. Truck warms up much quicker now.
I need a picture of detailed description of that!!!

That would be DIY if the year in my book. Everyone who lives up north would do that!!!

--Dan

Quick Reply: climate control..